Indy SX is near! Best hotels?

Judnash

PR Addict
Whats up guys, so whos all going to the indy sx? i hope a decent group of us makes it out this year, there are many beers to be drank. I already got my tickets but im looking to book a hotel for a couple nights, i havent been there in 8 years or so, so im looking for some opinions on hotels with decent pricing. whats some good hotel options? im looking to stay as close as possible to the Lucas Oil Stadium, or at least near it, not looking to do much driving while im down there. Looking to book asap so any info would be appreciated!

I just decided to go last minute and booked a room last night at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott. I've never been to Indy, so hopefully I didn't screw this up. The hotel looks like its within walking distance of the Stadium. After tax and everything a two queen suite came to $268 for saturday night. I'm sure I could have found a much better deal if I would have booked a month ago, but thats my own fault. Anyone ever stay there before?

Just got back from the Dealer Expo last week. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency, Couldn't tell you prices but it was a fantastic hotel. Starbucks, Subway, Pizza, others right in the lobby.

Would have been say a 10-15 min. walk depending on your speed to the Lucas Oil Stadium.

thanks for the info guys, i just booked a room at the Marriott, guess its about one mile away from the lucas oil stadium. ill be down there friday and saturday, any fellow pitracers trying to get some drinks in let me know!

A group of use will be at the Crowne Plaza @ Union Station. Booked the 4 rooms last summer I believe. The Stadium is out the back door or just a quick walk inside, under the road, into the stadium. Every year we are there.

Indy is the best. We typically hit the Ram on Friday night, maybe with some clubbage, etc. later. Late to bed, early to rise, breakfest beverage to bite the dog that bit me, and game on... Problem posed this year is St. Patty's Day. Usually an annual gig at Flannagan's in Dublin, OH, but no can do this year mister Leprechaun...Indy SX this year. Go to www.Indy.org to check out the events and such. Some sort of parade and free beer garden dealio (St. Practice Day I beleive it's being called) on Friday and all kinds of things Saturday. Not sure how I am going to attend (or remember) it all...

Back