Metor Racing "halffast"

mx049

PR Elite
Metro Racing Products

Was browsing thru the Metro Racing website & noticed "halffast" is an authorized dealer.

I don't recall he mentioning much about this other than he saying he was thinking about once but I have been in hiding anyway & not up on things.

http://www.metroracing.com/dealer_locator.php
Randy Collins
3595 Battlesburg Road S E
East Sparta, OH 44626

Maico Mark

While on vacation a few years ago in New York's Finger Lakes wine region , we decided to make a side trip to Metro Racing in PA . I liked the people and products so much that I had them set up a dealer account for me . I was just getting into AHRMA racing then and my thinking was that , while at AHRMA races I would set up a table and sell their shirts , hats . etc. to make a little $$ and offset my racing expenses . I didn't realize how full my race day would be with sign in , tech inspection , practice , and 4 - 6 motos . Thought maybe that I could do it on PV raceday since I didn't have a bike for it ( then ) but was so beat up from the previous day that I gave up on it . Now there are such small turnouts at the races that I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble anyway . If somebody contacts me I usually just tell them to directly buy from the Metro website . They do carry some cool vintage based products . Interestingly , since BMW bought out Husqvarna , they are not permitted to sell Husky logo gear . Figures because that is what I ride . I always kind of wondered how a table full of vintage gear would sell at modern races . Surely there are quite a few parents there that would love to have a new CZ , Maico , Bultaco , etc. shirt to remind them of the bikes they had as kids , wouldn't they ?

I think we are at the point now where most of the parents didn't have those old school bikes.
I'm +40 now and those are before my time of mx awareness. To me old school is a Full-Floater Suzuki.

You can also tell that times are changing when you line up on the gate for the +30 moto and see the pierced, tatted "kid" line up next to you and then you realize he's actually a vet racer in his early 30's.........old school to him is doing freestyle tricks before metal ramps.....

I'd say 70s era retro is an in-style kind of thing even for folks who aren't 50ish. I'd give selling Metro stuff at a modern bike event a shot.

Style's a fickle thing, look at teenagers running around in retro looking Hollister and Abercrombie stuff.

Guess "Old School" to me is George on a BSA!

Strongly think "Back in the Day" though is when moto-cross exploded during the 70's but "Old School" depends on your age.

I had thought about doing something like Randy described & looked on Metro's web-site to see who the local dealers are.

Lots of time for me as only the daughter is racing right now & for the most part think racing days are a think of the past for me.

My main interest was having the business to write of the travel expense with as with my daughter racing there is no one to split the fuel cost with
that made traveling to Florida, Missouri or other 1,000 to 2,000 mile round trip rather affordable as our Toy Hauler is medium sized so 2 bikes is about
it. We could cram 3 bikes in it but don't want to risk banging something as we bought it new.

My thoughts were to have an easy up with tables set up under it with display boxes with clear plexiglass tops to keep the dirt out carrying mostly t-shirts, caps,
stickers, plugs, tubes, oils plus a few nuts & bolts as it would not be worth sitting on a large inventory or long set up times.

Doubt we will do anything but if you travel 5,000 to 6,00 mile a year at 9 mpg that is a lot of gas to write off which make doing the taxes a little more enjoyable. Gross sales...who knows but bet you would be lucky to do over a hundered bucks at an event.

Back