Feeling a little older today....

mx049

PR Elite
Seeing 49 showed up for me today. March one was in like a Lion, ok at least back in 1963 & again in 1979 as 16 was quite a memorable night!

No big party as I am off work due to being rear ended in an auto accident on the way home from work two weeks ago & was back to the doctor
today as I can barely do anything right now but dream about getting back on the track...like Gatorback the following weekend.

2 auto accident on the way home from work in the past 30 months have pretty much ended my racing days. Guess in the back of your mind all of us
has a slight fear a bad get off would do that but after 40 years of riding would have never guessed trying to get home after work would do it.

Should have a museum quality 81 490 & 83 250 finished later this year. Bet the kid will like putting on 490 as 3rd gear would run any track for her...starting is another story.

No Maico-Break-O here, only the rider.

Maico Mark

sorry to hear of your mis fortune and happy birthday. It's funny how we can be beat up, sore, etc and have nothing but moto on our minds.

Happy belated birthday , Mark . First I've heard of another accident , you gotta quit putting bullseyes on your vehicles !

Please, take the target off as I want to race...but what do you do when you are stopped at a stop guy & the person behind you does not?

Only good part is this was cut & dry with the other driver receiving a citation.

I have a dash cam that you can get on E-bay now for around 40 bucks & suggest everyone have one to prove what really happened including how hard
you get hit as it was quite a jolt forward from someone who claimed they were only going 10 mph when we hit.

That got me thinking what if I was on a street bike....never mind as I would not be typing right now....spooked me so sold the duel-sport last Monday night as he pushed my 5,500 pound Tahoe a few feet forward & my foot was firmly on the brake.

The impact did mostly bumper damage as the vehicles matched up frame rail, bumper to bumper plus there is a hitch on back but the jolt was hard enough to injury me & knocked the steering wheel from straight to about 10 o'clock. Almost think I would have been better off in a car as the back end would have collapsed absorbing some of the impact.

What got me was I was twisted over 90 degrees looking over my left shoulder as this was at a RR track crossing.

Been off work for about 2 weeks as I was getting worse by the minute. Been to the doctor & on 4 meds so moving so-so but thinking about trying
a chiropractor to see if I need lined up also as traditional medicine is not working fast enough.

happy birthday,healing is age related,seems like it takes 3 times as long to feel better after them crashes,took me a week for my foot to heal from kickin my new triumph project to life,:eek:I'll be 55 in sept

Back