250t allowed in the motocross lites for 2012?

stangbro01

PR Addict
found this video from october last year saying they were considering this.. anyone know of an update?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5BXAd9ze3Q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i seen they had a big debate in 09, the video was uploaded by transworld october 2011.. kinda got me excited lol

I emailed some people from mx sports. i think they should take a poll and let the fans decide whats best for our sport!

You are allowed 250 2strokes in the lites class in amateurs events for Loretta Lynn's....there are a lot vids from the first races....the 2strokes...are in the lead!!! And take the win.

As far as I know 250 2 strokes are allowed. Seems like an advantage but if the rule applies for everyone.
Makes since to get a 2 stroke.

As far as I know, the rules still differ from Amatuer Events to the Pro Racing events in this situation. In Amatuer racing, it is correct that you are allowed to race a 250 Two Stroke against 250F 4 strokes in the Lites Classes per AMA rules. It is not so for the Lites Classes at the PRO Level, you can only run a 125CC 2 stroke in the Lites Class there. They did consider it a few years back, but the manufacturers are against it (Suzuki, Honda, and Kawasaki) since they are no longer bringing in and selling 2 strokes and someone doing well on one would be counterproductive to new bike sales.

Manufacturers don't want you buying 2 strokes. Rocket is right. It's counterproductive to new bike sales. OEM won't make any money off people like Spagina who buy used 2 strokes and rebuild them from the ground up.

They don't want to help out the 2 stroke.

it would help out the two strokes though

maybe its time they should start thinking about our sport, will i 250t outrun a 250f? hell yea.. every time. they actually take skill to ride and people can afford to buy and maintain them at a local and pro level.

I dont understand why the 2 stroke should have to be half the displacement? because it makes more power per cc? maybe some big shot at ama or mx sports tried to ride one and looped out and hates 2 strokes now haahahaa

With the right suspension a 250 2-t is the fastest bike on the planet and they should have their own class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk

Even if they could run two strokes I bet only the privateers would be using them.

I would be curious to see if the rule chage actually happened which it won't, if some of the top guys would switch back and forth depending on the track.

If i were yamaha and ktm i would run the 2 strokes also to help with sales... im sure it costs them much less to build leaving more room for profit.

the big manufacturers used to run 2 smokes in SX and 4 strokes outside. RC, CR switched it up between the series. Of course that's when the manufacturers were still pumping out 2t machines and exporting them to the US.

Back