Awsome podcast with Tim ferry.

sdjclevland

PR Addict
Everyone should listen to these two shows every week cause they really are great show and you really get a lot of information from them.

1. Pulpmx.com show
2. The Steve matthis show

On the Steve matthis show every week they recap the races and this week Tim ferry was on. I cause everyone does not know he was hired by Stewart last season to do testing for him. Ferry went on to talk about the bike and really gave some awsome insight on that and some other things.

Ferry said the bike is not a rider friendly bike and even he could not figure out the issues with the bike basically.

Yeah because they're using all this custom JGR gas tank crap. It's not a freakin Car. It's a bike. Still they should be able to replicate the comfy kawasaki feel that Stewart never had problems with.

Yeah because they're using all this custom JGR gas tank crap. It's not a freakin Car. It's a bike. Still they should be able to replicate the comfy kawasaki feel that Stewart never had problems with.
that was before the whole JGR thing. he tested with san manuel.
its hard to believe that bikes can make that big of a difference. but theres many riders that all agree that the new "backwards" yamaha is not a good race bike. pourcel, stewart, now ferry. i know theres more but i cant think of them.

Brenner Washel would disagree. After spending the last couple years on Hondas, Brenner says his new Yamaha is the best bike he has ever owned. Says its awesome and handles great.

no offense to brenner and i know hes quick but he isnt going as fast as a top 10 guy. big difference.

chad reed once said that he rode on tires that anyone can buy, and felt like he was gonna die out there on the track. so that should tell you how big of a difference there speed is compared to everyone else.

I've noticed that in the first few races it seemed like stews rear was all over the place. I think it has more to do with him taking time of. Seat time is seat time. If everyone's racing and your not....I hate to say it but you loose your edge.

if it was just stewart saying that the bike is a pile, id say yea yea. ur just not on your game. add tommy hahn to the list. forgot about that. he could have rode yamahas again this year but went on his own so he could ride a privateer honda instead.

Yea it does seem like some struggle with the new model. I just find it hard to believe that with the support these guys are getting they can't get these bikes dialed. 6k in suspension mods and god knows how much in the motor dept. these guys are engineers. It's their job to make bikes better. I'm sure some bikes are tuffer than others. The Kayaba SSS suspension has been raved about as some of the best suspension out of the box since 06 if I recall. Then again if one bike is better than the next then I guess you have a better starting point. I think it's a bit of both for Stew. I think his ego got the best of him and now he's struggling to find his rythm. I'd like to see how he does next year on the same team if that that happens.

Jason Thomas also said it sucks. Other riders did not come flat out and say it sucks or the bike has issues but will call it different and weird

Back