my first two stroke...wish i was that age again

Seeing how we were at one point up to 8 bikes from the 70's & 80's not too long ago would say yes to that one!

People think I am crazy but straight up I have as much or more fun on my old 76 Maico 250 than on a new bike.
I also enjoy restoring them with 3 underway & have seen the same comment from those doing the same.

I you are thinking about it get it for the fun....crap a pipe & silencer for 4T are almost that much these days.

Only advise it to be aware of clean looking bikes as paint & plastic are cheap....look very closely at everything else but am sure
you know what to look for as you had the same bike before.

Part are hit & miss for 20 years ago but you will be surprised how much new stuff is still available including who knows what on e-bay.

Not sure on the $1,650 price but if it is extremely clean & does not need anything would go for that as a new 450 depreciates more than
that in the first 30 days so not much to loose if you sell it in a few years. For comparison I bought my Maico for $2,400 5 years ago & have
about $4,600 in it now. It is worth around $3,200 to 3,600 so would only loose 1,000 to 1,400 or roughly 300 a year on it but some of that
is from putting high end stuff like Ohlin's on it.

Have to laugh at the old school as that age period is when a rider first hit the dirt so linkage, disk brakes & LC still look hi-tech to me as my first
full blown mx'er was a 1975 CR 125 Honda. You would have loved the price on that one as got it for $495 brand new at a end of year sale.

Welcome back to the 2T craze!

Back