GoPro Questions !?

liljhall09

PR Addict
Hey guys im looking to buy a GoPro Hd and noticed there was alot of different models and packages you can buy them in. Figured you guys would be able to lead me in the right direction with the one i want , i see alot of people with chest mounts or helmet mounts. Didnt know what's the best bang for the buck and which is the best model ? If you guys could help me out id appreciate it ! Thanks

Not sure if this will help or not. But I bought a non HD one a couple years ago. I bought the then Motorsports Hero. It was called something like that anyway. It came with a suction cup mount, and a hand full of stick on mounts that have a flat or curved base. The curved base fits really close to the contour of a helmet. Anyway, I'd go on thier site and find something similar to that. I really can't tell you how long it takes to upload, as I haven't done it in a long time. I would guess 15 minutes or so to upload onto your compute, but that is a total guess.

EDIT:

This is basically what I have. I'm happy with it. It has everything I would want. http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero2-motorsports-edition/

HD hero is a great set-up. Easy to use, no real set-up required. I have never messed with settings, I just charged her up and stuck it on the kids head. Just need an SD card. It comes two different ways, "helmet hero" and "naked". Helmet hero comes with extra mounts you may not use. I would go with the naked and buy extra "curved" helmet mounts. You can find one for about 179 bucks. Download times are super fast, but it may depend on your computer. I can transfer video in under 2 minutes for a day of racing. Quality and sound are great in my opinion.

Here is a video from our HD Hero. I use it for suspension testing and I can listen to what the engine is doing. It helps when I can't get good feedback from the 6 year old. How's the shocks? "good". How's it runnin'? "good". His answer is always good. Lol.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y4VSUTjpnmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thats cool how u mounted it to help with the shock , where is the best places to buy for the best deal ?

thats cool how u mounted it to help with the shock , where is the best places to buy for the best deal ?

Like anything shop around. Jegs,best buy and other sporting goods stores have them for 199.00. You can find them on Amazon and such for cheaper, but it's nice to be able to return it to a store if something ain't quite right. Matt.

Like anything shop around. Jegs,best buy and other sporting goods stores have them for 199.00. You can find them on Amazon and such for cheaper, but it's nice to be able to return it to a store if something ain't quite right. Matt.

FYI if you buy from Amazon directly they have an awesome return policy. Plus they pay for the return shipping.

Back