Dungey not racing Daytona

Was just going to post this.
Can't believe he rode and finished 2nd last week.

Now who will keep RV honest??? NO Reed, NO Dungey. Its all up to J Stewart. At least to keep it interesting.

With Reed gone I think stew was te only guy that could keep him honest any ways. As long as he gets a good start he can run vilapotos pace

Bummer for Dungey...and us fans. Seems to be pretty much a cakewalk for RV at this point.

I was surprised to hear he rode St. Louis with the injury, did pretty well to pull off a 2nd with a busted collarbone!

Dungey quit wearing a neck brace this year. If he was still wearing a Leatt, I guarantee there'd be some folks who'd be blaming the broken collarbone on the brace.

Welp I know I was considering to jump out on a whim and leave for daytona tonight.. Definitely not now. This sucks.

Just knowing his collarbone was broken at St. Louis and still posted a 2nd. Wow.

Bummer for Dungey...and us fans. Seems to be pretty much a cakewalk for RV at this point.

I was surprised to hear he rode St. Louis with the injury, did pretty well to pull off a 2nd with a busted collarbone!

Dungey quit wearing a neck brace this year. If he was still wearing a Leatt, I guarantee there'd be some folks who'd be blaming the broken collarbone on the brace.

I would have.

You're kidding right? you're seriously going to take away his hard charge, and hard fought struggle riding with a busted up shoulder, by saying he was slowing down? No rider just slows down, or shouldnt at least, you race til you see the checkers, look what happened to dean wilson.... once Dungey got around whoever was in 2nd (i think brayton) he mounted from a 10 second gap to only a 2 second gap by the white flag, and got RV by the end, Dungey has more fitness at the end of a race, everyone should know that one by now. RV was glad the race was over, he was exhausted, you could tell in his body language after he crossed the checkers, he knew if there had been a lap or 2 more, dungey would have been making moves on him, and once RV's pressured he starts making mistakes (see chad reed's race he wrecked) that was most mistakes i've seen out of RV this year, when ole 22 had the hammer down on RV's tail.

I'm just saying, had RD put the pass on brayton sooner, i think we wouldve had a different winner last week.

I'm not sayin Dungey wasn't charging. He was.

I know many times just racing where I was leading I intentionally took it easy the last lap so I wouldn't go down. All we're saying is RV backed it off a notch, he wasn't pushing like he was when Dungey WON the week before....

actually RVs last lap was faster than his 12th 14th 15th 16th 17th and 19th. and on his 19th he only slowed up a half a second slower than his average lap time.

average laptimes RV-52.12 RD-52.10 JS-52.25

Back