1981 KX 250 Anyone Interested????

I have a 1981 KX 250 This started out as a project... and.... well it is still a project. I lost steam with this and now I'm looking to get it into someone’s hands that can and will finish it. And like most projects I have far more in it than I can get out of it. I know if I part this out I could make a lot more cash than selling it as is. As dumb as it sounds I really would like someone to finish it.

The frame, wheels, hubs, lowers, kick start, and swing arm have been powder coated. My plan was to make this a rider not a show bike. The tank is in good condition however the rest of the plastic is junk. Assembly of the motor is only in the beginning stages. It has new bearings installed. I also have a complete spare motor. Either cylinder will need a little work. One is sleeved and has only one bore left in it. The other is stock but will need to be re-plated. I have other new parts like handlebars, grips, stem bearing, fork seals, and some gaskets. Grab a new set of plastics, spokes, piston, muffler, and a seat cover and I think you will be pretty complete. Add in a few man hours and you'll be the envy of someone. I'm not sure what to ask so my plan is to entertain offers at this point. If you’re interested give me a call, I have a few other pictures that I can email. Thanks

Dave
330-347-4215

1981 KX 1.jpg1981 KX 2.jpg1981 KX 10.jpg1981 KX 17.jpg1981 KX 21.jpg1981 KX 24.jpg1981 KX 28.jpg

hey where are you located i am undergoing the same project and could use the parts. I am only 17 and i really can't afford to finish it in the timeline i expected but am ambitious and willing to make a deal with you.

Back