Relax people!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Getting a dozer to fix things up this weekend. I know the weather will be nice, just be patient. We will try to be open the weekend of the 24-25th. I just need to fix up the driveway, water truck roads, got some trees down on the trails. We got fences to fix, some general pick up, chisel plow needs new points. Not much to do, but I got this thing called a job and kids. Not much time through the week to do these things. Just relax and breathe, no reason to keep calling and emailing me, we are simply not ready to open. We will get there. Some of you people are BC addicts.

I hear ya BC. You know the tracks don't take any work and equipment never breaks etc... I'm right with you on getting open. Add in Pa's friendly neighbor dep/conservation and all their enforcement recently and I can tell you I am loving owning a track at this point. Engineering, permits and FEE's out the a$$ really make it a pain to do anything anymore. It' no wonder this country is in the state it's in at this point. You know out this way if you disturb over a acre of ground well lets just say get out the check book and get ready for the state to tell you what you can and can't do with your property.

You know out this way if you disturb over a acre of ground well lets just say get out the check book and get ready for the state to tell you what you can and can't do with your property.

Has it gotten that bad? I've not heard this before.
Is this about erosion control, or what?

Please ellaborate.

Anyone that disturbs ore than one acre should have a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan according to State EPA or DEP in PA.

Its an erosion and sedimentation control plan in a nutshell.

Has it gotten that bad? I'v not heard this before.
Is this about erosion control, or what?

Please ellaborate.

It use to be 25 acre of disturbance then 5 acres and now 1 acre. NPDES permit along with E/S plan, topography etc... It's a little excessive and for what ever reason I am hearing they are focusing on tracks. Increased revenue, green administration bs, job justification who knows. It' s a big financial strain on any business unless your part of corporate America which could be the goal at some point for only one entity to own/run their specific business/trade. At some point their won't be any business left for them to fleece and or govern... rights being taken/controlled daily and people being told what they can and can't do with their own land. Keep going after the private sector for increased revenue for ones dept/job. I read and see more of it every day. Now it's here and coming as from what I have heard Steel City is dealing with it as well. Common sense and recommendations don't fly and now you need engineering and governing.

BC- on a separate note how is that Kubota tractor working? At some point I have to get a newer one to run a power harrow I picked up and it needs to be at least 80hp (pto). My big old 190hp case doesn't have a pto on it and my buddy sells Kubotas so I am leaning that way. Just wanted to see how yours is working, pulling, power, weight etc... just your overall thoughts.
Thanks,
SBRW
switchbackmx.com

BC- on a separate note how is that Kubota tractor working? At some point I have to get a newer one to run a power harrow I picked up and it needs to be at least 80hp (pto). My big old 190hp case doesn't have a pto on it and my buddy sells Kubotas so I am leaning that way. Just wanted to see how yours is working, pulling, power, weight etc... just your overall thoughts.
Thanks,
SBRW
switchbackmx.com

I think that all of the newer tractors are too light, not under powered, but too light. They can't get the power to the ground as easy as the older heavier tractors. My 1973 massey out weighs the kubota by 3000 pounds, and its 8hp less. The Massey will pull a 7-8 shank chisel 1.5-2 feet deep. The Kubota needs a shank or two removed to do the same thing. Now that massey is a 6 cylinder too, versus a 4 cylinder, I would imagine it has more torque. I wish i had bought the m125, next size up. Other than that, its a superb tractor. Very nice inside, excellent controls, good response, quick too turn around. You can get it out of forward, into reverse, and back to forward to turn around almost faster than spinning the old 2wd tractor. That and Kubota had 0% for 60, that was what sold me. That and it had the highest ground clearance of every model in its class.

I think that all of the newer tractors are too light, not under powered, but too light. They can't get the power to the ground as easy as the older heavier tractors. My 1973 massey out weighs the kubota by 3000 pounds, and its 8hp less. The Massey will pull a 7-8 shank chisel 1.5-2 feet deep. The Kubota needs a shank or two removed to do the same thing. Now that massey is a 6 cylinder too, versus a 4 cylinder, I would imagine it has more torque. I wish i had bought the m125, next size up. Other than that, its a superb tractor. Very nice inside, excellent controls, good response, quick too turn around. You can get it out of forward, into reverse, and back to forward to turn around almost faster than spinning the old 2wd tractor. That and Kubota had 0% for 60, that was what sold me. That and it had the highest ground clearance of every model in its class.

Buckeye hills uses a m150x and it works the track nice with no problems with all of the elevation changes

i know what u mean , ive been building a track for some rich guy and it should have only taken week and a half but im on week three with all the rain we have had

Back