Air Force One - Dayton

Scotty810

PR Addict
As you may or may not know, Obama and the British Prime Minister were in Dayton yesterday for March Madness at The University of Dayton arena. I knew he was flying into Wright Patt AFB which isn't far from where I live. Around 10p I was sitting near a window and heard a jet. Sure enough, there goes Air Force One lighting up the sky heading back home.

Regardless of my opinion of Obama, I have to admit it was pretty awe inspiring to see. Knowing two of the world's most powerful leaders were in that plane was pretty cool.

Now onto the question. Think of the enormous resources (tax payer money) at work to make that trip happen. Fair? Needed? Perks of the job? I can see it from both sides.....

Oh I know. And Obama said GM CEOs wasted money for taking private jets ...

All of obamas trips take months of planning. Any president rather. From security to food. To all the staff on the plane. It's redonkulous. History channel had a special when bush was president describing how in depth it is and how money is not an object in the slightest.

Just put it on my defecit tab, the American people's grand kids will pay for it. !!

Douchebag says fuel costs SHOULD go up. Then talks about green this green that. Dumps tons of OUR money into the VOLT that doesnt even work. Then he blows 100s of thousands on fuel for air force one. Jackass.

I will never post on another politic related issue again.

Guy talks a decent game, but hes a spode.

Were all screwed.

A buddy of mine went off on a rant. Gave me a chuckle... And pissed me off.. haha

Gas was $1.86 a gallon when he got elected... think about that... the energy secretary, who tells us to drive electric cars or take public transportation... his wife drives an 80K Mercedes that gets SQUAT for gas mileage... obammy, who is a multi-millionaire... tells us to drive electric shoe boxes while he rides around in armored suburbans that get 8 mpg AND he takes AIR FORCE ONE whenever he wants, his old lady spent MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on trips to Spain, etc., ALL ON OUR DIME... and he has the GALL to tell US that $8.00 a gallon gas is GOOD??? Dude... food has gone up 10% since JANUARY!! DIESEL fuel is OVER $4.00 a gallon... AND, even IF gas / fuel prices come back down history shows that food will stay at whatever price it hits... and yet you have these little mindless robots who proclaim how wonderful he is... omg... he's why I need blood pressure meds.

Politics piss me off. Crooked freakin politicians everywhere.

Meister your right on the money. Heard a speech the other day from the dips@*t. He is laughing at a guy asking him a question about fuel prices and then makes a comment about the guy driving a suburban. The guy says I have 7 children. Obama laughs again and says....."uummm, then perhaps you need a hybrid van", and chuckles again! He is like a freakin comeadian these days making jokes and laughing. He obviously does not have the mental ability to understand it, or does not care!

As for Air Force One. Not only that plane in the air, but the two F16s that fly next to Air Force One. The two C130s that fly with it to carry all the secret service trucks and limos, ambulance, etc. It is a MAJOR deal for the POTUS to fly anywhere. So that game cost us millions.

My sister volunteers at the arena on game nights. They had to be there super early that night, and she said the arena was crawling with secret service everywhere!

As for Air Force One. Not only that plane in the air, but the two F16s that fly next to Air Force One. The two C130s that fly with it to carry all the secret service trucks and limos, ambulance, etc. It is a MAJOR deal for the POTUS to fly anywhere. So that game cost us millions.

Would you say the same thing for George W, or just Obama?

It's not like president's have a choice. No matter where they go, it is expensive. Is it really fair to say the president has no right to fun and free time?

Would you say the same thing for George W, or just Obama?

It's not like president's have a choice. No matter where they go, it is expensive. Is it really fair to say the president has no right to fun and free time?

Pretty much

President Bush never told me that I should sell my Suburban and drive a smaller hybird. President Bush never tried to convince me that paying higher gas prices was a good thing.........

Just got an email. First lady Bush had one assistant. Michelle Obama has 22! To the tune of 1.5 Million in salary a year.
Wow, what a compassionate person!

Why don't they show this on the TV news???

"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much," she said.

"See, that's why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, "....Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady, and she doesn't perform any official duties. But, this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers, to cater to her every whim, and to satisfy her every request, in the midst of the Great Recession.

Just think, Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing China for the White House, during the Civil War. And, Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary, from her husband's salary.

Total Personal Staff members for other first ladies, paid by taxpayers:

Mamie Eisenhower: One-- paid for personally, out of the President's salary.
Jackie Kennedy: One
Roseline Carter: One
Barbara Bush: One
Hilary Clinton: Three
Laura Bush: One

Michele Obama: Twenty-two

How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages, stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart, or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream, and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Mrs. Michelle are the same as members of the national security, and defense departments, and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU, John Q. Public:

Michele Obama's personal staff:

One.. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
Two.. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President, and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
Three.. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President, and White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
Four.. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President, And Director of Communications for the First Lady)
Five.. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa (Special Assistant to the President, and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
Six.. $90,000 - Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
Seven.. $84,000 - Lilyveld, Catherine M. (Director, and Press Secretary, to the First Lady)
Eight.. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling, and Advance for the First Lady)
Nine.. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
Ten.. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn (Deputy Director, and Deputy Social Secretary)
Eleven.. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director, and Deputy Social Secretary)
Twelve.. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling, and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
Thirteen.. $60,000 - Fitz, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance, and Trip Director For the First Lady)
Fourteen.. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant, and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
Fifteen... $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director, and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
Sixteen.. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling, and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
Seventeen.. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
Eighteen.. $43,000 - Tubman, Samanth a (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
Nineteen.. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
Twenty.. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
Twenty-One... $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
Twenty-Two.. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

(Total $1,591,200 in annual salaries)

There has NEVER been anyone in the White House, at any time, who has created such an army of staffers, whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life.

One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense.

Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe.
Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com
Canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652

Yes, I know, The Canadian Free Press had to publish this, perhaps because America no longer has a free press, and the USA media is too scared that they might be considered racist, or suffer at the hands of Obama.
Why doesn’t someone in Congress blow the whistle on the Obama’s extravagance, and prompt an investigation? What a sorry lot we have in D.C.!!

I will say one thing.........If not for 22 aides, Michelle Obama would probably be even less attractive, and not even as inteligent as she is now. So that is a scary thing!! One person that NOTHING impresses me about is Michelle Obama. The LEAST presidential of all first ladies for sure. Guess the egg does not fall far from her husband. Two peas in a pod.

On a related note, I read today in the Wall Street Journal that Air Force One costs $179,750 per hour to operate (which includes fuel and maintenance). When Obama travels to political events, his campaign has to pick up part of the travel costs of using Air Force One....they didn't give a number but its some percentage based on a government set rate.

Back