bike maintenance

shockme#62

PR Member
what your worst part of weekly or daily or monthly maintenance on your bike.
just getting mine ready for the season and was thinking about it, I hate putting new grips on, and adjusting the chain. Have a great season all, whether your a racer, or a fun rider. .:D

The only thing I don't really care for is changing tires, they test my patience sometimes although I have gotten better at them. Other than that, I have almost as much fun working on the bike as I do riding it.

Driving 20 minutes to the garage I keep it in, mowing the guys yard every week so I can keep it there. I hate college.

Tires SUCK. Specially the Maxxis tire that I just took off that ill never even contemplate using again unless its to make smoke signals.

I like cleaning my bikes. I dont like cleaning my quads. Quad washing made me appreciate 2 wheels even more.

I hate taking wheels apart. Good thing I dont put them back together (Thanks Kevin aka Revolution Wheel). If I put them together they'd taco in a lap and id probably duct tape the extra spokes to another spoke just cuz I probably couldnt get the spokes in all the right holes lol.

i dont mind filters anymore, used to hate them. ktm makes that a little nicer lol.. and i use no toil which cleans up real well. i used to also not use rubber gloves lol. no wonder i used to hate them.

but tires.. yes. thats the absolute worst. and changing rear sprockets is annoying to me too for some reason.. just having to loctite all the bolts and they are always pretty tight and somehow i always make my knuckles bleed from the sprocket lol...

This is a no brainer! Air filters are the absolute worst. Also draining the oil when the bike has a skid plate because it NEVER all makes it through the hole, so now the oil on the skid plate drips for two days.

fixing other peoples quads especially when they bring you an engine in a box,no manual and want you to reassemble it in 10 minutes

Lubing and adjusting the dual throttle cables on a 4T. Why do we need the push-pull design again?

Us Honda owners can understand the joy of the threaded bearing retainer on the RH side of the rear wheel. They are very easy to damage when replacing the bearings, especially on a Saturday before a big ride / race.

Back