Northeast Amateur National?

iMX553

Noob
On vurb moto today they posted a question asking if there are too many amateur nationals. After looking at the list of the nationals and the locations I wondered why there isn't a more northeast amateur national. In my opinion the cost of gas and the expenses to travel to Alabama, Texas, and Oklahoma for some of the closer big name amateur events is too much for the average northern rider looking to mix it up with some faster kids. Also for some people its hard to justify going down south in the early spring to ride against kids who have been riding all winter. I've never raced one of these events but I can't see how one of these nationals wouldn't do well in the northeast. Any reasons why MX Sports or any promoters haven't looked to the north to add or replace an amateur national?

I don't think MXsports would want to do anything because that would compete with their already dominant Loretta Lynn's Championship.

Dates are a key ingredient to having big event to draw from a large section of the country. Right now, all the major holidays and most of the summer weeks are already taken up by other events. Add to the fact that the Northeast only has weather to count on from June - August and you have a problem already. I guess that if someone launched a 4th of July Amatuer National of some sort..... it would fit in the current schedule of events between Regionals and Ponca City.

I think a ski resort of some sort could hold a once a year event and utilize their space, parking, and summer off to hold such an event, but you'd have to get the ski resort on board with it.

You are correct. I have always wanted to go, but I am always in Daytona when it is going on.

I remember when connor was on 50s we went to a qualifier that was at a ski-resort, it was great, but I can't remember the name..

Peak n Peak would be good, but even Brandywine would be a great spot to host a MX Race. Think of the layout, the parking lot, the possibilities of running a one off race there every year over the 4th of July...... that would be awesome.

Peak n Peak would be good, but even Brandywine would be a great spot to host a MX Race. Think of the layout, the parking lot, the possibilities of running a one off race there every year over the 4th of July...... that would be awesome.

After the disasterous winter loss of income, they might be open to the idea.

Back