Open riding woods and mx track-7 days a week

Lightning Raceway open 7 days a week ( unless we have a scheduled race )
daylight till dark
$10.00 per rider
For more info call 740-922-1661 or 740-229-0026
physical address is 82585 craigo rd Tippecanoe, Ohio 44699

We allow Bikes, Quads and side by sides.

Primitive camping is available at no charge. Just the daily riding fee.

Tomorrow Quads and Bikes? Which number do we call and will practice cancel if it rains?

Edit- It's either this or race pyma which we know won't cancel but man is that a drive!

It's always quads and bikes. Wouldn't worry bout cancelling. Just show up and pay. Last few times I've been there nobody at gate even. There is a box on the telephone poll on your way in. Just sign your name and leave the money in the box. Pretty laid back there.

To you guys that have been here before, how much trail riding is there and what's the track like? Thanks,
Mike

Every year we take a few days to go down there for R & R. very quiet, and we are usually the only ones down there at night. Super trail riding with lots of trails, everything from more challenging HS trails to open field where my wife can ride. We always make time to play on the track. Great place for kids, because its never crowded, and lots of easy field riding available. The price is unbeatable! Where else can you pay $10 for a full day of riding, and free camping? There is still tons of slabwood in piles, so we camp next to one, and have awesome seasoned firewood for the whole weekend in about 10 minutes with the chainsaw, as you just have to cut it. And when its not a race weekend, it is sooooo quiet at night... We'll be down for 3 days in mid June. For family camping and riding, Lightning is the best kept secret in Ohio! Don't tell anybody though, or it will ruin it for us. ;)

See you in Mid june! lol. Just kidding. It's about a 2 hr drive for me from South C-bus, but I go there on my way back from Ma and Pa's house in WV and it's a good place to get some riding in. Also, like Crow Canyon, they are open Monday's. I'm off on Sunday and Mondays.

My buddy and I stopped out last week. We had a great time. The track is very vet friendly. My buddy was riding a 78 husky 250 with pretty weak brakes. He was fine on the track but had some trouble on the trails. Couldn't go down some of the steep rocky downhills with no brakes. He is also vertically challenged and has trouble touching the ground on the husky. He just picked up a honda mr 175 for the trails. We hope to stop out next tuesday or wednesday, weather permitting.
Mike Hawkins

My wife and I spent Monday and Tuesday at Lightning and had the entire place to ourselves. We spent more time sitting in the shade enjoying the peace and quiet, and the mild temperatures more than we did riding, but for $10 per day, it’s still a bargain, even if you don’t ride! We did enjoy some long rides as well, and spent a lot of time on the track. I love the new layout! It slows down some of those long fast spots with some interesting turns. If you camp near the track, make sure all food is secure. Monday night we were raided by an army of masked bandits. Their dusty footprints on everything left plenty of evidence.  You wake up in the morning to dead silence, other than the wind and the birds. Tuesday morning we hit the track for a bit. My wife was proud of learning to complete the entire track unassisted on her Tri-Zinger 60. As we were grilling burgers for lunch we watched a deer do a partial lap on the track before wandering back into the woods when she saw us watching her. Lightning is just a super place peaceful quiet place when there are no events, and I highly recommend it for family camp and ride trips!

Back