COCR open practice Saturday 10 am - 4 pm 3-31

hippiemcgrath

PR Addict
Hello to everyone, Happy new riding season. We are starting our season this Saturday, we will have open practice from 10 am to 4 pm. Come break in that new bike, the new gear, or maybe the new winterized version of yourself. See ya at the track.

Why

Hello to everyone, Happy new riding season. We are starting our season this Saturday, we will have open practice from 10 am to 4 pm. Come break in that new bike, the new gear, or maybe the new winterized version of yourself. See ya at the track.

I would personally forget the practice and concentrate more on race day track prep. I have seen you guys do this several times last year with the track the next day being in horrible shape, because you beat all the moisture out of the ground.

I would personally forget the practice and concentrate more on race day track prep. I have seen you guys do this several times last year with the track the next day being in horrible shape, because you beat all the moisture out of the ground.

Sounds like you should open your own track

We hope to give you a nice track both days. The plan is to chisel, water, chisel, water, disc, water and finally disc. Should be sweet. Thanks to everyone for your support. See ya Saturday.

buckeye hills

Sounds like you should open your own
I groom the track at buckeye hills and last year we crushed the thrills in the hills turn out with our open practice because of the track prep . I know how to groom so you may want to come out and see for yourself when we reopen in a few weeks

We did alot of work last year before the thrills in the hills race. Trying to bring back the crowds to COCR for the thrills race. I personally spent half my vacation time and every weekend for almost 3 months there working. Maybe we gave everyone too much time on the track and they weren't interested in the thrills race. I haven't heard of Buckeye hills but I'm interested. Love to check it out.

We did alot of work last year before the thrills in the hills race. Trying to bring back the crowds to COCR for the thrills race. I personally spent half my vacation time and every weekend for almost 3 months there working. Maybe we gave everyone too much time on the track and they weren't interested in the thrills race. I haven't heard of Buckeye hills but I'm interested. Love to check it out.

Formally highland lakes

Hippie is right there has been ALOT of work go into COCR last season. He pratically lived there from just my observations last year alot of other members and some volunteers worked hard too Hopefully the races turn out nice this year down there. Give these guys a chance to show what they can do, track prep, ect, etc I can say this whatever funds they get for riding/racing events go right back into the facility. The more riders start riding down there the better. I am sure the place will improve as time goes on. Heres to a good season @ COCR I hope MX in general makes a bit of a comeback

I also think a "D" class that does NOT pay points for district 11 is in order to get some newbies out to try to race. 1 win in there, then on to C class. What do you all think? Too many sandbaggers in C class, we had a bit of a problem with that in the 1980's but from my observations its alot worse now there arent hardley any B riders!!!

I think tracks need permission from the AMA to be allowed to bump C riders to B.....No tripling in C class....anyone that triples gets automatically bumped to B.... Thats my opinion It used to be that way 6 years ago at least...

We made a couple small changes and reworked everything with the dozer. The in field rythm section has been fixed. I chiseled today and got 4 loads of water down before the storms. The storms didn't rain at all down there while I was there. I will give a report in the morning. Hope someone shows. If not I get it all to myself. Prepped and mine. later

we got rain last night here. I don't think it hurt though. I am gonna give it some time and chisel every thing one more time before practice. it's gonna be nice. enjoy yourself today everyone. Later

Back