Possible Quad Practice at Smith Road Raceway Thursday April 12th

mastiffmom

PR Addict
Ok Quad riders here is the deal.We have had a lot of people asking about a Quad practice, we normally dont have one due to low numbers, but we are willing to give it a shot if we can get a guaranteed 25 riders. We will have a prepaid Quad practice Thursday April 12th from 4-dark. Here’s how it will work. We need 25 riders to sign up and pay their money before April 9th or the practice will be canceled and money will be refunded. To sign up you can either send a check for 25.00 made out to Smith Road Raceway, to Larry Plas at 36637 Grafton Eastern Road, Grafton Ohio 44050. Or you can stop up at the track on Wednesday night and pay. Checks should have your name clearly printed in the memo line with "Quad Practice" Its important your name is clearly printed because the people at the gate will have a list with your name and that you already paid so you can just go sign your waiver and start practicing. If the practice is canceled the checks will be shredded or you can send a self addressed stamped envelope and we will return them to you. The practice is not limited to 25 people we just need 25 people to prepay. I will post a number daily once checks start coming in so you know how many riders have committed and how many we need. If we need to cancel the practice due to weather we will choose an alternate date either the next day or the following Thursday. This is open to Quads, 3-wheelers and Mini quads. Mini Quads that want to use the Peewee track only are 20.00 and can be prepaid with the big quads. If we can get a good turn out on a regular basis we can run a quad practice every week just like we do the bikes so spread the word! Any questions feel free to ask!

BanTonic

PR Addict
Ok Quad riders here is the deal.We have had a lot of people asking about a Quad practice, we normally dont have one due to low numbers, but we are willing to give it a shot if we can get a guaranteed 25 riders.

Thanks for giving the more than two wheelers an opportunity to ride a track. :) Sadly I think you said it right there. :eek: " we normally don`t have one due to low numbers" Prove me wrong 3-4 wheeled riders! :p
I have a old `99 400ex so I`m not being biased, JUST sayin` :D We shall see........

i wish i could say a prepaid ride would work out but u guys need to remember we are quad riders low budget due to always maintaining our rides i understand the idea behind it but we are kind of last minuters

mastiffmom

PR Addict
We tried running quad practices in the fall and got 2 riders. The previous owner tried at different points and didn’t have any luck either. This spring we have a ton of quad riders asking so we would like to give them an opportunity. However it cost money to prep the track and pay the workers so we need to know that running a practice for the quads will at least cover all costs and allow for a profit. We know that prepay can be a pain but if we get a steady flow we will drop the prepay and it will be just like Wednesday night for the bikes only Thursday for quads. Right now we just need the quad riders to show they are serious about showing up to practice on regular basis. We are trying to give the quads what they want but we also have to make sound business decisions. We can't afford to keep opening the track for a handful of quad riders, our Wed night bike practices usually average 100 riders. Personally my husband and some of my best friends are quad riders so I hope they can make a go of it, but if not at least we tried. We are working hard to take everyone’s suggestions seriously and try to make a track that everyone can enjoy!

We tried running quad practices in the fall and got 2 riders. The previous owner tried at different points and didn’t have any luck either. This spring we have a ton of quad riders asking so we would like to give them an opportunity. However it cost money to prep the track and pay the workers so we need to know that running a practice for the quads will at least cover all costs and allow for a profit. We know that prepay can be a pain but if we get a steady flow we will drop the prepay and it will be just like Wednesday night for the bikes only Thursday for quads. Right now we just need the quad riders to show they are serious about showing up to practice on regular basis. We are trying to give the quads what they want but we also have to make sound business decisions. We can't afford to keep opening the track for a handful of quad riders, our Wed night bike practices usually average 100 riders. Personally my husband and some of my best friends are quad riders so I hope they can make a go of it, but if not at least we tried. We are working hard to take everyone’s suggestions seriously and try to make a track that everyone can enjoy!

it seems like more and more tracks are just going to dirtbikes this is really hurting the sport there is only a handfull of spots to ride these 4x4s

mastiffmom

PR Addict
it seems like more and more tracks are just going to dirtbikes this is really hurting the sport there is only a handfull of spots to ride these 4x4s
Well come show your support and then you'll have a place to ride, and hey drag Blaha out with you, we miss him!

TimSr90

PR Addict
I took the liberty of posting this in some quad forums as there are few quad riders that frequent here. I still don't know if I can a half day off work.

mastiffmom

PR Addict
Ok Quad riders here is the deal.We have had a lot of people asking about a Quad practice, we normally dont have one due to low numbers, but we are willing to give it a shot if we can get a guaranteed 25 riders. We will have a prepaid Quad practice Thursday April 12th from 4-dark. Here’s how it will work. We need 25 riders to sign up and pay their money before April 9th or the practice will be canceled and money will be refunded. To sign up you can either send a check for 25.00 made out to Smith Road Raceway, to Larry Plas at 36637 Grafton Eastern Road, Grafton Ohio 44050. Or you can stop up at the track on Wednesday night and pay. Checks should have your name clearly printed in the memo line with "Quad Practice" Its important your name is clearly printed because the people at the gate will have a list with your name and that you already paid so you can just go sign your waiver and start practicing. If the practice is canceled the checks will be shredded or you can send a self addressed stamped envelope and we will return them to you. The practice is not limited to 25 people we just need 25 people to prepay. I will post a number daily once checks start coming in so you know how many riders have committed and how many we need. If we need to cancel the practice due to weather we will choose an alternate date either the next day or the following Thursday. This is open to Quads, 3-wheelers and Mini quads. Mini Quads that want to use the Peewee track only are 20.00 and can be prepaid with the big quads. If we can get a good turn out on a regular basis we can run a quad practice every week just like we do the bikes so spread the word! Any questions feel free to ask!
So sorry guys I put the wrong zip code for the address it's 44044!

TimSr90

PR Addict
I dropped my check for two riders in the mailbox tonight. You might want to extend the deadline to Wednesday for any checks returned to sender due to address error.

mastiffmom

PR Addict
I dropped my check for two riders in the mailbox tonight. You might want to extend the deadline to Wednesday for any checks returned to sender due to address error.
I'll ask Larry to extend in the morning, if anyone sent in a check please let me know and i will make sure to count you in the head count, so far including Tims 2 we have 7 registered riders.

mastiffmom

PR Addict
Ok we will extend the turn in date to April 11th which is Wed this gives riders one last oppurtunity to mai their check or turn it in at WED night practice.

pdracer440

PR Member
Malvern, COCR, Fast Traxx, Crow, heck I'd even go to a fair race.

I think we are discussing practice tracks. Malvern is great but not many open practices. Fast Traxx, yeah if I wanted to drive three hours each way, Fair race? Not even going to touch that one. Funny that so many quad guys ***** about not being able to practice but then when they get an opportunity to have a track all to themselves for a great day of practice, prefer to complain instead of thank the owner of the track. Again being a former quad guy I would have been all over this practice back in the day. Guess maybe some people are just never happy with anything.

Woody

PR Addict
Not saying any of those tracks are close to you. There's not a weekend that I can't find a place to ride, you won't hear me whining about nowhere to ride. Good luck to you guys!

TimSr90

PR Addict
Not saying any of those tracks are close to you. There's not a weekend that I can't find a place to ride, you won't hear me whining about nowhere to ride. Good luck to you guys!

Its seems to me that it would serve the sport of quad racing far better if you spend your time and money supporting those tracks you find agreeable, and less time on forums poo-pooing promoters who are trying to establish new quad practices, and discouraging quad riders from participating, in areas that don't have any. Smith Road has always welcomed quads and 3 wheelers at all race events and just never had the quad turnout to justify losing money operating quad PRACTICES. If you are a quad rider, I can't understand why you would discourage other quad riders from participating in getting a new quad practice started, even if its not at a convenient location for you.