Motocrosser population

REALLY?? How many you bought lately.....4 here. The last 50 is $3800 new and the 65 is $4700 new. My opinion that is not "cheap enough to afford" for everyone.

Easy tiger, we are talking about the general youth motocross population right, or just the racing aspect? I know my dad just sold a yz80 for $800. I'm not talking about the mini racers with fancy motor homes. I didn't have the newest fanciest stuff growing up, but Im doing just fine and I'm happy my dad got me what he could. Maybe parents see that you may spend $4000 on a mini and they think thats the only option n can't afford that themselves, so they just give up on moto altogether.

Easy tiger, we are talking about the general youth motocross population right, or just the racing aspect? I know my dad just sold a yz80 for $800. I'm not talking about the mini racers with fancy motor homes. I didn't have the newest fanciest stuff growing up, but Im doing just fine and I'm happy my dad got me what he could. Maybe parents see that you may spend $4000 on a mini and they think thats the only option n can't afford that themselves, so they just give up on moto altogether.

Unfornately, it is hard to be competitive when you are without new, good working equipment. I think a new 80 when I raced that class was 3100 out the door. Now they're double. Regular working man can't keep up with the expenses. I know my little brother can only get to a quarter of what I got to see because of cost. Prices go up but my dad still makes the same check on payday....Cost of living raises aren't keeping up with anything. And what you're having left over in the moto world is more well-off type of families. And less traditional median income families.

When I rode minis we had full gates until about 2003 that's pretty much when riders started tapering off. And when the expensive four stroke was reintroduced into the mx market.

Yeah I can agree with that, especially trying to be competitive. As a fun factor it can be affordable though by picking up an older bike is what I was gettin at.

I agree Georgie on when things started to fall off. Believe it or not though, the 85 class is cheaper than the 65 class! I can get a new 85 for under $4000. And if your looking for a 1 or 2 year old 85 there are some out there in great shape if you wait for the right one. I am looking to sell a 50 Sr right now, and will probably sell it and turn that money around in a 1 or 2 year old 85 for nothing more out of pocket. I agree, there are older 85s out there cheap. But then it goes back to, no place to ride. I used to be able to ride down the street a couple streets over and go ride. Cops would pass us, and as long as we were riding slow on the street, they knew where we were heading. Now days, the cops for the most part will not allow you to do that.

Yeah that's what my dad did, sell the old bike to help buy the next size up. There are some great deals out there when you wait till the end of the year. Plus I went from pws straight to 60s which saved some cash there.

Population was just fine yesterday at Steel City. 250B - 31 riders, Open C - 37 riders, 250C - 52 riders.

REALLY?? How many you bought lately.....4 here. The last 50 is $3800 new and the 65 is $4700 new. My opinion that is not "cheap enough to afford" for everyone.

My brand new RM125 back in 2001 cost $3,900. Bike prices are just crazy these days. I still have my 2006 RMZ450 that I got new back in 2006 and for all the more I ride these days it's as good of a bike as I need. It still only has 73 hours on it. I think it had 60 at the end of 2006

Not sure I want an hour meter on mine.......I would figure out how little time I actually spend riding it at the races.

No doubt that out of all the motor sports (racing) Mx has to be, one of, if not, the least expensive and easiest to get into. Regardless the economy is poor and cost of living (or buying extra stuff, IE Bikes, Gear, Gas, ect. ect.) is making it more difficult, if not completely out of reach, for the average blue collar family to get started or continue to pursue even for fun.
In Lancaster Ohio for example (and probably anywhere USA) back in the late "80's a factory worker made an average of 9.00 maybe 10.00 an hour at one of the two glass factories, or Ralston Purina or similiar. Today these places pay maybe 11.00 an hour if lucky if not less. The wage increases are WAY OUT OF PROPORTION to the rising costs of living and any extra's. With people struggling, loosing there homes its hard to justify buying a bike and going to the track even if its used.

When your neighbors ares out of work its a recession! When YOU are out of work its a depression!

And RECOVERY is when OBAMA loses his job.

Wait Meister........I just saw Obama's Interior Secretary on the news. He said that we are in a nice "recovery" and that things are moving in the right direction for the country. He mentioned more oil prodcution than ever in the US and how the Obama administrations policies were helping to speed up the recovery............are you telling me that Obama and his cabinet officals are full of S@*T and lying to me??

Wait Meister........I just saw Obama's Interior Secretary on the news. He said that we are in a nice "recovery" and that things are moving in the right direction for the country. He mentioned more oil prodcution than ever in the US and how the Obama administrations policies were helping to speed up the recovery............are you telling me that Obama and his cabinet officals are full of S@*T and lying to me??

This was discussed on hear just recently. Politicians don't lie! or was it Do lie! Damn it! I can't remember...
Anyhow! I just saw at noon that Newt has spent 4.5 million on campaigning. So you know these guys are doing it for (all the right reasons) Right? Why else would you spend that much to "MAYBE" get a job for four years that pays 400k salary... Kind and honest patriots with only the most honorable intentions...

Wow, Pit really needs to check his advertisers. There is a banner with Michelle Obama at the bottom of this page soliciting support for Obama. Isnt there a way to block that Pit?

Wow, Pit really needs to check his advertisers. There is a banner with Michelle Obama at the bottom of this page soliciting support for Obama. Isnt there a way to block that Pit?

I see American Muscle at the bottom of my page. You been looking at a lot of Obama supporting web pages John? lol

Back