Power Washer Pump Rebuild?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
I have a power washer with a 4.5 HP Honda Motor, has served me very well for about 10 years. I think the pump went out on it today.

Is it worth trying to figure out how to rebuild this or should I just buy a new washer?

not the same application but I had a sears brand that the pump went out on and i called my buddy ( who was a sears repairman) and it was as much to fix pump as a new unit???

I know a buddy who just tried rebuilding his Honda pump and said the part he needed he could not get. So he bought a new one. At 10 years Pit I think you got your moneys worth!

I just tossed a Honda motor pressure washer in the garbage last week. The motor was bad but the pump was good. A truck came by my house and grabbed it before waste collection did.

Look on line for parts... they are easy to rebuild... most have plastic pistons and check valve in side the pump pistons... i have rebuilt mine 2 times now. they rebuild kit cost me 10 bucks...

Remind me in the am. I have a web site that has factory rebuild parts for everything at great prices. The best part is they usually have vids on how to do the repairs! Shoot me a txt so i dont forget.

I've got an electric washer to use at home so I'll tear into this and see what I can do. I've seen some complete pump assemblies on Ebay for about 90 bucks.

I'll just have to borrow other people's at the track for now.....

Thanks guys. I might have the same washer that gave up after ten years. One more project to get around to...

If its like the one I won from you...I got a replacement pump off ebay for it last year. It cost about $180 and it runs like a charm...

Ha! I forgot about that! Yep it's the same. I bought 3 of them, one for me, one for my Dad, and one for the PitRacer giveaway.

I actually might have a cheap, easy fix for mine. I was telling my Dad that I blew mine up and he said he wanted a new one with higher pressure so I can have the other one.....

Back