4-4-12 WED night Practice at Smith Road Raceway

mastiffmom

PR Addict
WED night Practice! 4-dark, Larry and his son have been working on the track all weekend fixing jumps and test riding. There has been some concern from our vet riders about the jumps. Our track lay out is being designed by a vet rider and his 18-year-old son. We are working hard to build a track that is safe and fun for our vet riders while still giving our A class riders some things to keep it interesting for them. Our primary focus is to have a safe friendly environment for our riders. We are also using a small group of test riders that are of different age and skill levels to evaluate changes, both bikes and Quads. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us! Larry and Michael have ridden at tracks all over the country and they are trying to incorporate the things that work at places like red bud into their layout. We need to see what works for our riders and make changes accordingly. Larry wants it clear to his vet riders that the track will be safe and fun for you as well! If you have concerns come talk to him.

Quads? I love your track but if you are going to run bikes and quads on the same night it will be ruined for bike riders. I am not a hater ! The only reason I say this is because your track simply isnt wide enough to have multiple lines that both bikes and quads can make for themselves. Not to mention trying to pass one another.

Again not trying to belittle your track or quads just voicing a concern.

Sorry for any confusion you may have but we do not allow quads at practice or run them with bikes, however we do have quads at our races so we need to make sure things are wide enough for them.

They just called from the track and said the weather is beautiful and they've done some more work on the jumps! Come check it out, gates open at 4.

had a awsome time track is really shapping up. looking good.Had a great conversation with mr. plas . glad to see the track is in good hands.My best friend gregg hasnt been there in 30 years so we had a blast. thanks

We are really glad to her you guys enjoyed yourself and we have more improvements to come! This weekend weather permitting they are going to start redoing the peewee track, hope to see you out again soon and thank you for the feedback.

Weather permitting we are always open on Wed night 4-DARK, I post weather updates on Wed morning on the facebook page and cancelations will be posted here on pitracer as well, you can also call the track if you want to be sure we are open 330-725-8569

Nice improvement to the lips on the table tops from last week. The layout had a nice flow to it and once the surface water was beat into the dirt it shaped up nicely. The new jump at the top of the uphill towards the bowl/banked turn will be fun once I get some more time on the bike. Wasn't to thrill with the jump on the first uphill, but that's me being a slow vet rider. With time and hitting the corner before it better (not too mention a little more confidence) will make it more fun.

Overall, the changes made are vet friendly and still gives the better/faster guys something to get some more airtime.

Keep up the good work. See ya next Wednesday!

Back