Bryce Vallee crash at Pala

bruceb

PR Addict
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B75CekTOAm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I met Bryce, his mechanic, and mom at loretta's in 2010.
He is a great kid who could use our thoughts and prayers right now.

Here is a lsit of the injuries:
Both femurs were snapped, his left elbow was completely shattered, a ruptured liver, ruptured kidney, broken collarbone, multiple fractures of the pelvis, fractures to parts of the lower spine, fractured scaphoid and nerve damage to the left arm and wrist.

His father, Michael, has been posting update on Bryce's facebook page:
Bryce Vallee on facebook

bruce

What the h#ll was that flagger doing! It looked liked the flag wasn't even waving and why was he at the bottom of the jump area ? By the time anyone saw him they were already coming over the jump. Crazy....

Yeah I saw this video last night then saw the post from his father on vital today and could not believe te injuries he has. He's lucky to be Alive and not payalysed

What the h#ll was that flagger doing! It looked liked the flag wasn't even waving and why was he at the bottom of the jump area ? By the time anyone saw him they were already coming over the jump. Crazy....

I have no idea who these riders are but I am sick to my stomach after watching this. Horrible deal. I hope all recover well.

As for the flagger I noticed several flaggers on the track, but I feel they are not strategically placed at or could be better placed throughout the field.
Why on earth was that flagger not positioned at the takeoff of that jump is beyond me. Absolutely poor foresight and the guy who paid for it is in the ICU. The accident was bad enough. What followed was something else. Makes you want to slap some ppl.

Worst thing is this isn't some Hilljacks that just decided to open a track...

Did he wreck because that guy had watered the track making the landing slick? In the video, you kind of see the dark soil, and the guy watering in the back ground.

Just watched this a second time. Not only should the flagger have been on the takeoff. He should have been on the takeoff on the opposite side from where he was, so he would be more visible to riders approaching the jump or before they hit the jump. UNBELIEVABLE!

Flaggers are too important in MX to skimp out on them. Either they don't have enough or they have flaggers who know don't know Jack about racing. That was a classic "Panic stricken flagger" The kid didn't even know how to Wave a flag.

Definitely agree with TC, That kid should of been on the inside of the first jump near the top, or there should of been a platform for him to stand. That guy wrecked in the main fast line and everyone landed on that bike and got wadded. Ideally, there should be a flagger on every one of the Blind jumps. They dip so far down there is no way they can see what they're jumping into. Not enough flaggers. Period.

I've only been to a few events where flagging is superb, (Hand racing events and Dutch Sport MX) otherwise it's always been a joke almost everywhere of tracks being understaffed with flaggers or ones that haven't any idea on why they shouldn't stand on the landing or go on the track and pick the guys bike up and push it off the track... The flaggers job is to be waving the flag and directing riders to safety, not to be picking up bikes or meandering there way across portions of the track that will will endanger other riders.

Stupidity.

Man, that sucks big time! I had to watch that vid in SSLOW mode to see everything going on. Looks like he got hit several times.

Get on FB and support this kids recovery!

Back