yz250f exhaust

yamaha581

PR Member
I have an 09 yz250f and ive had the full FMF system on it ( the megabomb header with the 4.1 pipe) Im having problems with the megabomb header staying tight with the midpipe. Ive tried putting more springs on the header and ive tried using rtv where the header connects to the midpipe but that only lasts for 1 ride. The pipe gets really loose and im sure it doesnt do any good when its so loose. Has anyone else had this problem with the FMF pipes. Also what other exhausts would you say work good with the yz25f. I was thinking about maybe trying yoshimura when I get some money.

Same exhaust different bike but same problems. And mine will not stay tight to the head, I have to use 4 springs. Then the megabomb gets so close to the radiator hose's I have to use zip tyes to pull the hose away from it. Last FMF exhaust I will ever buy!

Same exhaust different bike but same problems. And mine will not stay tight to the head, I have to use 4 springs. Then the megabomb gets so close to the radiator hose's I have to use zip tyes to pull the hose away from it. Last FMF exhaust I will ever buy!

Thats the same here. Weve melted some oil line on our bikes 3 or 4 times because of the megabomb. The only reason we still have the exhaust is because everytime the header breaks fmf fixes it for free.

My son had an '08 with that exact exhaust system. The aluminum bushing at the mid pipe was always a little Jenkey. The bushing seemed as if it had worked its way up on the mid pipe and never allowed the tailpipe to fit perfectly although I never noticed any indication of an exhaust leak (carbon or discoloration).
Just double check your sub frame bolts, make sure all is tight. But with the frame flex, no matter what you will get movement somewhere.

My son had an '08 with that exact exhaust system. The aluminum bushing at the mid pipe was always a little Jenkey. The bushing seemed as if it had worked its way up on the mid pipe and never allowed the tailpipe to fit perfectly although I never noticed any indication of an exhaust leak (carbon or discoloration).
Just double check your sub frame bolts, make sure all is tight. But with the frame flex, no matter what you will get movement somewhere.

I know im going to get some movement but with mine I can hear the megabomb shaking while im riding sometimes and if you just move it with your hand it moves pretty far. We have them on all our bikes and they all do the same thing. I just wouldnt think it would be good to move as much as mine is.

Back