Two Stoke Pipe Repair

kremm140

PR Member
Who is everyone using to get thier pipes fixed? I've got a couple beat up Pro Circuit pipes from my YZ250 to straighten. I've sent them once to Pacific Coast with good results, but since this seems to be becoming such a common occurance, I was hoping to find someone closer with less shipping cost. And if anyone has any other pipe recommendations I'll take that too. The Pro Circuits hang down so low, it's no wonder they get smashed.

Thanks
Jay

Parma Dave does it here in Northeast Ohio, he just doesn't advertise that part of his work as much anymore since he's so busy fixing blown up 4-strokes! haha

He's done probably a dozen pipes for me over the years. His favorite is smoking his shop out with vintage pipes that he finds balled up cheetos bags in......inside joke

http://www.parmadaveracing.com/

exhaust.jpg

exhaust.2.jpg

Pick up a platinum 2. At palmetto last week I parked mine on a pretty large log. No dents/bends. Maybe I got lucky. But when I tried to wheelie over that log and came to a dead stop and fell over I knew I probably trashed my pipe. Fortunately it was very much so intact.

I know the platinum 2 is made with heavier gauge steel.

Pit and George,
Thanks, I'll give Parma Dave a try, my pipes aren't nearly that bad, just pinched off and dented a bit. Both my PC pipes are the works models, which are also a pain to keep from rusting. I'll just keep my eye on ebay and craigslist for a decent deal on a platinum 2.
Jay

Back