Action Sports Opening Weekend!

ActionSports

PR Addict
Attention all riders,

The opening round of the 2012 Action Sports Grand Prix Series will take place this Saturday April 14th at the Action Sports Moto Park on Salem Rd. in Athens, Ohio. The 8 round GP series will award a number 1 plate to each class winner along with contingency awards from our sponsors to the top 5 riders in each class. Riders must ride 5 events in the same class to be eligible for series awards and the riders best 6 scores will count toward the series championship, There are 2 “throwaway” races if a rider rides all eight events. If a rider has two bad finishes they will not adversely affect their results in the final series point standings.

Also for the first time ever we will hold an open practice on our motocross track on Sunday from 10 AM to 3 PM for motorcycles and mini bikes and from 3 PM to 5 PM for mini and adult ATV’s. Practice fee is $20 per rider, BUT…to introduce our incredible new motocross track to all riders; any rider that rides our first Grand Prix this Saturday can camp and ride our MX practice on Sunday for free. This is a special one time offer so don’t miss out.

The motocross track will be prepped after Saturday’s Grand Prix event as well.

Gates open at 9 AM. The first motorcycle race begins at 11 AM, Mini ATV classes at Noon, 65’s, 85’s & Super mini at 12:30 PM, Motorcycles at 1:30 PM, 50’s at 2:30 PM, Motorcycles at 3 PM and ATV classes at 4 PM. For all classes, times and other information go to www.ActionSportsRacing.com. You can call 740-594-6686 on race day for up to the minute info.

We hope to see you this weekend,
Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions, Inc.
10700 Salem Road
Athens, OH 45701
Phone and Fax: 740-594-6686
Mobile: 740-591-7223
dw@ActionSportsRacing.com
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

The video is currently uploading on Youtube. Once it is complete you can check out the first track of the 2012 Action Sports GP Season! Keep in mind that the track has not been watered during this video.

*Note* 99% of the motocross track that will be used for the open practice on Sunday is visible in this video.

http://youtu.be/C0rV8p5ZQE8

looking forward to riding the moto track on Sunday. track is a blast and has the best dirt around!!!

I'm planning on hitting a bunch of those GP races, I just can't make it this weekend. Looks like a ton of fun!

You just had to put up that video. Was going to try to stay away this year, then I took that "virtual" lap. The track has never been dry like that on race day, it's usually just right. The video doesn't do the vertical changes justice either.

Thanks to all of the riders who attended this past weekend. The rain held some people back but the track was awesome for both the GP on Saturday as well as the MX practice on Sunday. After all of the prep we put in to prepare the track for Sunday we started off around an hour behind but when the first bikes hit the track you couldn't have asked for better conditions. We had several riders with a lot of experience and knowledge show up that absolutely loved the track including Mike Blair, Stevie Childress and Willy Browning. The lap times were over 2 minutes long for everyone and since the track has so much elevation change it never got boring. At first we were forced to run a shortened track due to all of the rain but around half way through the day the whole track was opened up and the hills were extremely fun. In several corners there were up to 4 or 5 lines that made the track cool to pass.

We were scheduled to run quads from 3-5 and re-prep the track for them before they went out but none showed up and since we were forced to start behind and the riders liked the track so much we stayed open until 4 and from the way everyone talked they were worn out at the end of the day, and just couldn't go anymore as much as they wanted to. We split up the riders into two groups which was 50's and 65s, and then 85's up to the big bikes and ran 20 minute sessions per group. The riders all seemed to like splitting it up that way and it gave everyone a clear track and not worrying about landing on any of the little guys.

If any of you were around for the old Albany track 10-15 years ago when the track was all on the huge hill side, the new Action Sports facility is very similar to that track with a very old school feel, kind of reminds you of "Screw U" at Unadilla with the steep hills. We were very happy with how the day turned out and look forward to the next event which is a May 12th GP and the MX practice on the 13th. If you haven't made it out here yet you are missing out on one of the best tracks ever so make sure you mark your calendars for our next race weekend.

Track was SWEET!! the dirt was perfect, multiple ruts in every turn, good breaking bumps! Was a perfect day of riding! Drew and his boys did a great job because i live less than an hour away and i know we got allot of rain overnight but the track was perfect!! Now if i just wasn't in such bad shape i could have enjoyed it even more :)

Back