Trayvon Martin / Andrew Zimmerman

John250

PR Founding Father
OK, I am going to open up the can of worms here on pitracer. What's your thoughts on the Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin case? I have many feelings about it, but public pressure and race is seriously playing into this case. His family on TV everyday with Al Sharpton is getting old. I obviously dont think Zimmerman as a neighborhood volunteer watching his neighborhood should have shot him, but many unanswered questions. The media continues to show photos of Trayvon from Jr High School (show a current non baby faced photo). Why did he have ladies jewerey (whos was that) and weed in his back pack? Was he really on top of Zimmerman beating him like the witness said? Florida has a "stand your ground" law. I personnally think Murder 2 will be extremely difficult to prove (read the definition). Anything but a guilty verdict in this trial could cause a race riot bigger than Rodney King the way Al and Jesse are getting people stirred up about this. The liberal media has gone as far as to call Zimmerman a "white" hispanic.....to make sure he is a white guy! Zimmerman and his wife I heard provided a foster home for several black children, so I doubt the guy is a racist. Just curious as to what others think. I don think Zimmerman is guilty of Murder 2.

What is it with Orlando in the last few years also? All the crazy s*@t is coming out of the orlando and surrounding area.

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. Good topic to debate...

My feeling is if someone is shot and killed, regardless of the "stand your ground", an arrest should be made. Have a trial and let the facts be brought forward just like any normal crime would. If he acted in self defense, it will be shown in court, then he can be released.

The videos from the police station that night sure don't show any serious head injuries that Zimmerman said he had. That is a little disturbing to me. I am also sick and tired of Trevon's side acting like they know the facts. People who are rallying behind them and making it a race issue need to grow up. Let the facts come out in court, make a decision, and move on.

The media already swayed Zimmerman as evil. They hacked up the dispatch to make it sound like Zimmerman just blatantly said well he looks and suspicious and black! Meanwhile the dispatcher asked him specifically what race the guy was. Guess that tidbit isn't important ?

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. Good topic to debate...

My feeling is if someone is shot and killed, regardless of the "stand your ground", an arrest should be made. Have a trial and let the facts be brought forward just like any normal crime would. If he acted in self defense, it will be shown in court, then he can be released.

The videos from the police station that night sure don't show any serious head injuries that Zimmerman said he had. That is a little disturbing to me. I am also sick and tired of Trevon's side acting like they know the facts. People who are rallying behind them and making it a race issue need to grow up. Let the facts come out in court, make a decision, and move on.

put yourself in that situation once. and say you need to shoot someone to protect yourself. how is being arrested for that and charged with murder going to affect your life? not very positive. i havent payed much attention to it to really debate it. thats just my initial thought when i read your reply.

put yourself in that situation once. and say you need to shoot someone to protect yourself. how is being arrested for that and charged with murder going to affect your life? not very positive. i havent payed much attention to it to really debate it. thats just my initial thought when i read your reply.

I see your point, but let me explain my thoughts a little more.

If it was a clear case of self defense, fine. If there were witnesses that saw a guy attack me and then me shooting the attacker, that's different. But this case was not directly witnessed by anyone. We have the word of the killer against the word of a dead kid. Because the alleged aggressor is dead, and you don't have a witness, how can you know for certain it was self defense? I think that makes this case different. Don't make it an arresst that appears on his record....just have him under surveilance or something while the investigation goes on. Sending him home after a murder completely free to go about a normal life is a little odd.

Throw in the fact that Zimmerman (it's George BTW) ignored the instructions of the 911 operator and that adds fuel to the fire.

I hope he has a good defense lawyer, he's gonna need it.

How it appears:
Self appointed neighborhood watch deputy dog, packing a gun, ignores 911 dispatcher instructions, provokes confrontation and then kills unarmed victim.

Maybe he should of packed a video camera instead of a firearm, he'd be in a lot less trouble.

If that baby killer just got off, this should be a defense walk in the park!!!

LOL! Her father was ex law enforcement. He new how to create enough doubt. And did.

I still can't believe a grown man of his size chasing after a 150LB teenager could feel that threatened. I believe Zimmerman is a WANNA BE HERO. And he has a record "like over 20 something calls" creating a pattern.

I think the Police dropped the ball, and the law is too lenient with this. You should not be able to kill someone, claim self defense, and then NO QUESTIONS ASKED. This is a tragedy about justice more than race in my opinion.

Here is another one almost the same thing. Except even more incredibly ludicrous the gunman could have drove away. INSANE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBjpOh-Wk0&feature=share

How it appears:
Self appointed neighborhood watch deputy dog, packing a gun, ignores 911 dispatcher instructions, provokes confrontation and then kills unarmed victim.

Maybe he should of packed a video camera instead of a firearm, he'd be in a lot less trouble.

Thats one version. Here's the other:

Neighborhood watchman with longstanding relationship with PD in reporting suspicious activity reports another. Police tell him not to follow and ask location. He walks to front of building to read off street signs and reports he lost sight of supicious person. Walks back to vehicle, and gets jumped and badly beaten on the way. While having head slammed to pavement and losing consciousness pulls gun and shoots attacker. Maybe if he had packed a video camera instead of a gun, he could be dead.

I think I'd prefer to see and hear the evidence the police and prosecutor actually made their decision not to prosecute on, before rendering judgment.

The racial issue was readily fabricated out of whole cloth by the media, and the "stand your ground law"is totally irrelevant regardless of which version of events is true, but both are actively being fabricated into issues by a liberal media that wants to debate non-issues nobody cares about. So we have a case of the country arguing over race relations and the "stand your ground" law concerning a case that involves neither just because a liberal news media wants to exploit a tragedy and turn it into a political issue upon which they think their candidates will politically benefit. By the way Mr. President, if you had a son, he would probably look more like Zimmerman than Martin!

You should not be able to kill someone, claim self defense, and then NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

I agree. He was taken into custody from the scene and interrogated for 4-5 hours at the police station. After the initial investigation, interviewing witnesses, and determining Zimmerman's injuries were consistant with his version, the DA determined there was not sufficient evidence of his committing a crime with which to charge him.

I still can't believe a grown man of his size chasing after a 150LB teenager could feel that threatened. I believe Zimmerman is a WANNA BE HERO. And he has a record "like over 20 something calls" creating a pattern.

I can't believe anybody could believe that a grown man who is obviously very overweight managed to run down a fleeing 6' + teenage athlete.

The videos from the police station that night sure don't show any serious head injuries that Zimmerman said he had.

The legal constitutional burden is not on the shooter to prove he acted in self defense. It is on the state to prove he did not. The presumption of innocence is a constitutional foundation. In order to arrest someone, there must be probable cause, and in order to charge someone, there must be sufficient evidence. If evidence is flimsy, the prosecutor can still indict someone under the cover of a grand jury. If you just arrest and charge somebody to make them prove their innocence, you can and likely will be sued for violating their constitutional rights.

As for the video, in the same spirit of NBC firing a producer for piecing together a 911 tape to create a racist impression, CBS had to backpedal their report of no visble injuries with an enhanced tape that showed obvious injuries to back of Zimmerman's head.

Back