Why all the ktm bashing?

Sharc I couldn't agree more. China is lurking just waiting for the right moment to put a major hurting on Japan. When that happens you can kiss the big four bikes goodbye and say hello to KTM!

If not China then India......Same result..

I said the same thing. KTM took the Harley Davidson marketing and moved it over to KTM. It is more than buying a KTM, you buy into the KTM brand and lifestyle. I still say they probably make more off the aftermarket accessories and clothing, etc than off the actual bikes themselves. I know HD does.

I said the same thing. KTM took the Harley Davidson marketing and moved it over to KTM. It is more than buying a KTM, you buy into the KTM brand and lifestyle. I still say they probably make more off the aftermarket accessories and clothing, etc than off the actual bikes themselves. I know HD does.

Truth

I was riding Husky's and KTM's back in the late 70's and once I got back to riding, it was back on KTM's. The improvements over just the last 5yrs have been leaps and bounds. Use to only see KTM's at off road races. Now they are nearly everywhere.

The bashing comes from a lack of knowledge and the lack of decent results at the pro level. McGrath's injury while on a KTM didn't help either.
Throw in the magazines bias towards the big four and you get misinformed bashing.

The KTM 85 is definitely for the bigger and somewhat more experienced mini riders. The 105 is a great supermini ride. Had one for my son and once tuned properly, it was a rocket. The RM85 is a great beginner 85 and is a capable machine for the experienced riders.

Never owned one but seem like a quality machine.
I have noticed quite a bit of orange up front on the leader board lately. Lites and big bikes.

For one, i love KTMs unique engineering that sets them apart from the competition. When you work on em you see...they do things a LITTLE different then the japs and they make things either a little easier to work on or tear apart etc or a little more reliable or protected etc. I LOVE my KTM but not only that....KTM has made their brand into a cult...or made an identity out of their bikes. What I mean by this "brand experience" is that have FULL lines of KTM Powerparts and Powerwear... No other brand makes their own stock AND aftermarket line of high quality and tricked out parts. None of the jap brands have full lines of gear, shirts, accessories such as umbrellas, bracelets, wallets, pet accessories, home decor, etc etc. I go into my local KTM dealer to pic up parts and usually walk out with something new every time, whether it be a hoody, shirt, umbrella, powerballance bracelet, banner/flag, decals for my truck, etc etc etc! i forget what other apparel or accessories ive purchased lol but I love representing KTM!

Same marketing and colors as H-D !

Back