RC going to Lorettas series?

loneranger171

PR Addict
Caught this on RacerX.....looking forward to the vid's...

FROM RACER X WEBSITE....
The boys at Fox has been spending a lot of time with RC lately and will be releasing a three-episode video feature titled The Road Back to Loretta’s.

Episode 1: “The Decision” will debut this Monday, April 16. Basically, RC wants to go back to Loretta Lynn’s with his entire family, camp out in a motorhome and spend the week racing in a couple of classes. It’s a low pressure situation with a high fun factor, according to Ricky!

Episode 2: “Putting in the Time” will release in June (after his LL Regional Qualifier) and the final Episode “A Week at the Ranch” will debut shortly after the most prestigious amateur race in America concludes.

Just a thought- if he doesnt make it in to LL's then the show is squashed. I think he will be fine though.

oh he will qualify. His bikes will be in none other but professional factory pristine shape, and possibly some of that belly flub will be gone by regional time....Dudes gonna smoke everyone at Loretta's.

Wonder what its like to cruise around loretta's and win....Kinda like when bowers did it in 85 12-13 and was slowing up the pace to try and get an overall. What that must feel like......a moto god perhaps, like nothing can touch you. I'm sure they laugh under the helmet a malicious fwahahamuahahah laugh...

unfortunatley i think we are trying to qualify in the same class...seems a lttle unfair to compete against the goat!

unfortunatley i think we are trying to qualify in the same class...seems a lttle unfair to compete against the goat!

Its unfair to have to race any former factory rider. Dubach in 40 and 45+, Jeff Ward in 50+, Rumor is
Jeff Matasavich to run 45+ as well. and now RC in 25+. Do these guys really need an amateur title to complete their career?

Its unfair to have to race any former factory rider. Dubach in 40 and 45+, Jeff Ward in 50+, Rumor is
Jeff Matasavich to run 45+ as well. and now RC in 25+. Do these guys really need an amateur title to complete their career?

I think that anyone that has or had a pro license should not be able to race lorettas

There is quite a bit of difference between having had a pro license many years ago and having your pro license today. Today, there is a system of pro / am races that you must compete in and score enough points within a year to qualify for your license...... a real test to get one. In the past, it was just sending in your money and having raced your local "A" class. Very easy in the old days...... not so much today. And the VET Class guys of today were all of the "old" system which isn't really a fair assessment of their ability........... something more along the lines of scoring "X" amount of points in your career as a pro to decide if you can race amatuer or not would be better.

And think about it a minute..... for MX Sports, this is a business. Who would you rather have running your races to add people to the party? RC or Robin McClain? Tim Ferry or Rich Silvers? Doug Dubach or Pitracer? Jeff Emig or Marc the Sharc? These are the guys that the Dads and kids at the ranch want to see still riding and racing..... they want to talk to them, ask some questions, and see these guys.

Think about it, there is already going to be a TV series on RC based on his return to Loretta's........ you don't see that out of anyone else. There is money to be made with these guys showing up.

We have had this debate about 100 times on here. I agree, I dont think they should have to race in a class that we would be racing in as a true B rider. But thats how it is set up. They should have a former factory class, or pro class or something to show case them. Just like golf has the seniors tour, we could have the Pro Vet class.

Back