Who rides the national forests?

streaks383

PR Addict
I am going to be doing some riding in Wayne National Forest this year. I got my bike registered with the Ohio BMV today, they gave me two stickers and instructions to put them on the most forward part of my radiator shrouds. I don't like this for a few reasons, 1: I don't know if they will hold up, I think my knees might do them in. 2: What happens when I change graphics. 3: I put some time into the look of my bike and I personally think my custom graphics are awesome and I hate randomly placed stickers with a passion. So my question is who else rides where you need a OHV sticker and is it important that I place them on my radiator shrouds, how picky is law enforcement/rangers about this?

In the past I put my sticker in a plastic case like for a concert ticket or hunting license and put that on my chest protector. I put my day pass there also and if ever I had to show them , and I have, they are readily available. I found if you had the right stickers, act respectful, you will have no problems. I have heard that they are very strict on alchohol near the trails. I love the Wayne, kind of worn out but still a great place to put on some miles riding. It's not a race track so watch out for others and enjoy. Go during the week if possible, much less traffic.

I always put mine on pvc pipe. if you can picture it. I cut a pipe in half so it is only C shaped and about 4 inches tall. put my sticker on it. then when I go to wayne I just snap the pvc pipe over the forks between the triple clamps and put a zip tie around it. I have done this for years works great.

What are the trails like at Wayne? Could one ride a bigger dualsport bike like a 950/990 ktm succesfully there?

Iv been known for having some secret spots , more like national parks no numbers no problems .. Don't go back to van

What are the trails like at Wayne? Could one ride a bigger dualsport bike like a 950/990 ktm succesfully there?

Jud, it has trails wide enough for ATV/UTV's in some spots and they are all rated for difficulty. There are also easy ways to go around most of the hard sections, so I with out going yet it sounds like it might be a winner for a big dual sport, I will let you know for sure this weekend.

Thanks for the ideas and insight about the stickers guys!

Yup, I have been putting my stickers on pieces of plastic and zip tying them onto the bike for years as well. I'm not about to stick that crap on my purdy ride....lol. No issues.

I think the trails would be fun with a big DS. I'll be there on my RZR/UTV this year, so just be very aware of oncoming traffic. And as fun as some of the "non designated trails" look, be careful there as well, because they'll write you can be ticketed for that.

Have fun and let us know what you think.

Jud, it has trails wide enough for ATV/UTV's in some spots and they are all rated for difficulty. There are also easy ways to go around most of the hard sections, so I with out going yet it sounds like it might be a winner for a big dual sport, I will let you know for sure this weekend.

Thanks Scott!

speaking of trail riding anyone been out to perry lately? that place wasnt too hot when i first start riding back in late fall of 06, but man its really gone downhill since then, went out there just before i sold my bikes and holy crap looks like no one rides it hardly, everything is so rutted anymore

speaking of trail riding anyone been out to perry lately? that place wasnt too hot when i first start riding back in late fall of 06, but man its really gone downhill since then, went out there just before i sold my bikes and holy crap looks like no one rides it hardly, everything is so rutted anymore

Definitely more of a challenge than Wayne. I actually like it as much, if not more, then Wayne because it is not nearly as restricted and forrest enforcement officers typically are not out on the trails. To me, Wayne is just too fast, and not much of a challenge. I'm one of the ones that has went head-on with someone at Wayne. It wasn't pretty. It was on a weekday, and we hadn't seen another rider all day until then. Just be very careful at Wayne for oncoming riders.

Perry! I didnt even know that place was still around. Went there with my family like 20years ago. I went to wayne a couple years ago, prolly wont go back. Was super bored, plus I dont remember even one decent hill. Now I usuall hit wellsville 2-3 times a month. Been goin there religiously for the past 5 years and each time im there its amazing. Dirtbikes during the day, rzr/drunken/choas at night! That place is disneyland for adults!

Perry! I didnt even know that place was still around. Went there with my family like 20years ago. I went to wayne a couple years ago, prolly wont go back. Was super bored, plus I dont remember even one decent hill. Now I usuall hit wellsville 2-3 times a month. Been goin there religiously for the past 5 years and each time im there its amazing. Dirtbikes during the day, rzr/drunken/choas at night! That place is disneyland for adults!

I've been back to Perry 2 times this year, they started filling in some of the big holes last year before they closed and did more work over the winter. I get bored at wayne too, at least Perry has some decent hill climbs.

I stuck my sticker on the inside of my front number plate...by the edge. It's out of sight for the most part, I have to straighten the plate out slightly to see all the numbers clearly. I was stopped once already. he didn't say anything just waived me on.

Hopefully headed back the weekend!

Why don't you just put the sticker to your front fork above the clearance of the shroud. You would be able to see that crystal clear when riding past a cop...

Georgie, there are a couple good places to stick it and not offend my misplaced sticker phobia, I just wanted to know how illegal it was to do so. I just didn't want a ticket if it was a non approved location. From riders input here it seems like they are pretty relaxed about as long as you have it and are not a dick.

I put my sticker right on the inside of my shroud. They dont really care just as long as u have it. I had rangers check mine one day and they were perfectly fine with it. Trails are so boring for more experienced riders. I take the ole lady there on her ute just to let her ride and i boos cruise most the day haha. On other thoughts, i went to perry like 2 weeks ago and wow i was dissapointed, it is more of a challenge but its so over grown and the rain ruts are out of control. Im still tryin to figure out how they call that a state forrest? As for wellsville.... its like heaven to me. ahhhhhhhhhh. Just wish i knew my way around more down there. O well still fun.

I've been back to Perry 2 times this year, they started filling in some of the big holes last year before they closed and did more work over the winter. I get bored at wayne too, at least Perry has some decent hill climbs.

I stuck my sticker on the inside of my front number plate...by the edge. It's out of sight for the most part, I have to straighten the plate out slightly to see all the numbers clearly. I was stopped once already. he didn't say anything just waived me on.

Hopefully headed back the weekend!

You gotta be careful at Perry State, easy to get hurt there. Some serious hills, ruts, revines, wash-outs and drop offs. Took the wife and kids a bunch of years back. Too dangerous for them. The woods trails weren't too bad though.

I put my sticker right on the inside of my shroud. They dont really care just as long as u have it. I had rangers check mine one day and they were perfectly fine with it. Trails are so boring for more experienced riders. I take the ole lady there on her ute just to let her ride and i boos cruise most the day haha. On other thoughts, i went to perry like 2 weeks ago and wow i was dissapointed, it is more of a challenge but its so over grown and the rain ruts are out of control. Im still tryin to figure out how they call that a state forrest? As for wellsville.... its like heaven to me. ahhhhhhhhhh. Just wish i knew my way around more down there. O well still fun.

If you ever wana ride some serious single track down at wellsville let me know! My group has some pretty insane trails down there that no one else rides. Last time I went there i did 8 miles. I swear to god I have never been so exhausted/terrified in my life. My bike looked like I had drug it behind the truck lol. All my buddies were laughin at me cause they did 12miles before I got there! Gncc guys are insane.

Hey jms. How tough is the entrance off of 213? Always parked at oak tree but now that it's gone need to go in the back. Pulling a 6x14 enclosed and a little afraid of the hill not so much going in but coming out.

Is 213 the county road that goes across scooby? If so I think they are doing major work on it. I just got a campsite at the village which was old forbiddin zone.Heard they made it wider and took out a ton of trees so the sun can hit it. Check out wellvilletrails.org for updates on the road progress.

Back