Red Bud Experts.......Question

John250

PR Founding Father
Check out this video of a district 11 rider in the 85 class at Red Bud. They start from a gate down in the bottom below Laroccos leap, make a few turns and then head up Laroccos leap. From there they ride the regular track.......plus the pro section. So when do they ever use that gate at the bottom (I've never noticed it there), why would they not be using the regular gate? And I did not think they ever ran amatuers on the pro section. Go to the end of the video and look at where they take the checkered flag at too. Never seen them run the track like that. All you red bud regulars.......clue me in on this one. Did not make sense to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAvOPgSsMN0

amateur days during the national weekend. they dont use the regular gates because of the pro pit set up. and i THINK they only run that pro section on sunday. friday they do not.

Ahhhh. I've seen that starting gate there the last few years and have wondered what the heck it was for! Now it makes sense. Also, the finish line makes sense as well given the location of the starting gate, allows them to click off the next moto.

Back