Kawasaki KX 85 question for any Kaw experts

John250

PR Founding Father
Looking to buy a 2010 KX 85 with the original gas from dealer still in it. Basically a brand new bike. I can save about $1300 over a 2012 and no taxes. Are there any changes in a 2010 vs 2012 besides bold new graphics? I did not think so, but thought maybe there was a kawasaki expert that might know............cant believe I am buying a green bike....My son just does not want a yamaha.

Have you had your son tested.....he sounds like a genius...;) i can't think of anyone that wants a blue bike.

The yamaha 85 are hard to ride. My son hated it. No power valve on them. We switch to green and he loved it. Lots of bottom end with power valve.
I know I did not answer your question. lol

There would not be a big enough difference between the 2010 to the 2012 to worry about. The RM and KX are good bikes and very versatile for both mx and hare scrambles. The KTM is for a little more experienced rider and a bigger rider.

We recently picked up Matt a low hour 05 YZ85. We owned a KTM 65 for about 6 months. Bought it in November. It looked fine when we bought it. Seemed to fit him then, but when he got on it this spring with the gear on, it was clear it was too small so we went 85 shopping. This was the best one I could find for the price range. Seems to be fine. He has to learn alot but loves being on a bike. Right now he's the slowest out there, but having a ton of fun. The Yamaha seems O.K. I realize it's an 85 and they're pipey to begin with, but he seems to like it for a beginner. Then again, he hasn't been on anything else, so we have nothing to compare to. I hope Your Matt has fun and does well! Tell him we said good luck!

I had yz 85s and a 105 that absolutely screamed but they demanded to be rode in high RPMs or nothing. Switched to Kawasaki after Dane leimbach built us a bike and I still think the Yamaha was faster but the Kawi was alot easier to ride. It was holeshot master for sure.

Kawi 85 has nothing new except BNG like you said. Great bikes. You won't be upset at that deal.

Yeah Don, I really wanted a blue bike for Matthew, but everyone told me exactly what George said. Matthew tends to luge his bike in the corners right now, and the KTM 65 does that fairly well. Matthew is gonna be very small on the 85......but I am gonna go ahead and get it, and hope by the end of summer to have him on it. Its just a great deal i dont want to pass up. Found online that UFO make updated restyled fenders for the KX 85 to make it look like the big bikes. Very cool, for $40 it really changes the look of the KX 85.

Sure thing. Once I get the graphics and decal Works things, it will look bad ass. My kid may not be the fastest kid, but his bikes always look bad ass, lol.

Back