RIP Tim Hanzely

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Sorry to report the very unfortunate news. Fellow dirt bike lover and all around good guy Tim Hanzely has lost his life in an automobile accident. If you ever saw Tim you would remember him, he was a really big dude, looked like an NFL lineman and rode some at Meadowlarks and Ram Jam up here in NE Ohio. Also hit up Ray's MTB some.

Tim was a lurker on here for years, I've known him since high school. Best wishes and thoughts to all his family and friends.

That's a huge bummer to hear, Tim was a great guy and always had a smile on his face that was as big as his Giant sized head! He will be sorely missed to see his happy face around the tracks in the future. I always teased Tim that he had no stirofoam lining in his helmets, only the outer shell and padding because his head was so large looking..... which he always laughed about and threw it right back about how I was Pin Head. I believe I saw him at Apple Cabin last year for the last time and he was smiling as usual then, laughing and having a good time talking to all the usual suspects in the pits and told me how he was happy to be back living in Ohio again after a few years of living elsewhere down south.

Let me know if you hear any funeral news, he was from North Olmsted and I'd like to attend.

Oh-My..Terrible news.
Always a pleasure to be around Tim...He will be missed.
Rest in Peace Moto Brother….

What a Bummer, Super nice guy, huge head. I just told a story about him today at work. Thoughts and prayers to his family. He was a Plumber.

Timmy loved the sport of motocross. His roots were planted in the sport. He wrenched for quite a few local pros over the years, recently adding Tony Gallo to his list. He was a dear friend and a huge teddy bear. He supported Tony's efforts by coaching, training, wrenching, in addition he traveled with & stayed with Tony at venues all over the country. He had a huge positive impact on Tony's life and ours & for that we will be forever grateful. He lived in las vegas for a while working as a plumber & would always meet us out there for the races. He absolutely LOVED talking with people. If you left Timmy alone for one minute - he'd be chatting it up with someone. He had a ton of stories to tell from a life filled with racing & the wonderful people he had met on his wonderful journey. He loved cycling and riding his dirt bike. Timmy always had a smile on face & had a personality as huge as his stature. I could fill a book with all the memories we have with Timmy from hanging out at supercrosses to sitting at the kitchen table. Things won't be the same without him & the impact of this tragedy is huge. Godspeed Timmy - see you at the checkered flag. Love Ya

I did not know him well, but I did get the opportunity to spend some time with him this past summer. I was always impressed at what a genuinely nice guy he was. The world would be a lot better place if we had more people like him.

Here is a great video of Tim this past summer. Go to he 4:30 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BheO6Sy_Rss

Back