Smith Road Raceway will no longer be having Quad Practice on Thursdays

mastiffmom

PR Addict
Unfortunately we will be canceling Quad practice on thursday evenings due to low rider turn out, Thank you to all the quad riders who supported us we really do appreciate its just not cost effective right now.

How about weekend quad practice? Weekday practice isn't that easy to get to every week for some people such as myself, a full time college student and full time employee. Quad practices are becoming more and more scarce so I hope in the future Smith Road will reconsider.

Overall this is a good thing. People looking for serious seat time wont be wasting their time driving to a track that is not prepped properly and severely overwatered. There is a form of criticism that’s termed "constructive" because its purpose is to better the experience for everyone involved. This is an important thing to remember because people who can't take criticism do not excel and better themselves. I was only up to watch last night because I live near by, and don’t ride quads. I saw several people getting their money back, which was economically unfortunate. I have attended several Wednesday practices and if the track would have looked like it did last night I would of got my money back as well. The driveway: dusty; the track: massive mud hole. This is honest feedback and strictly personal opinion. I live in the area; it never rained hard enough to create that mess. This poor display of track preparation will impact my friends and I attending future practices.

Track was muddy for about 1 hour. After that it was perfect. Thank you smith road, you guys are doing a great job.

That must be the reason over 5 people never removed their quads from their trucks...they were just fair weather folks. or...they didn't feel like mud bogging and pretending its motocross.

That must be the reason over 5 people never removed their quads from their trucks...they were just fair weather folks. or...they didn't feel like mud bogging and pretending its motocross.

Arent quads always pretending to motocross?

ya know I've been out of the sport for almost seven years and I just got back into it . and I've never seen more crying about tracks. my god people its dirt bikes ,fourwheelers,motocross,ect, groomed tracks sheese give me a break . THAT'S MEANS RUTS , MUD 'MUDBOGGIN" PARTS NOT GROOMED. if you want a perfect track put your skirt on a go find one. if four-wheeler guys are scared of mud then race on the pavement. has the sport gotten so wussyfied that we can only ride or practice on perfect tracks? this use to be a sport where you over come the terrain and the best rider wins. quit your crying already. smith rd is a fun track and if your a hard core enthusiast then some mud or some ruts won't matter. for one there doing a great job on the track . every week it gets better.i for one am happy to have a track to go to to ride.

Back