85 2 stroke power

John250

PR Founding Father
I picked up Matthews KX 85 today. All I can say is wow! This little bike freakin rips! It is fun to ride with my butt on it. Wheelies through the gears, clutch it a bit coming out of a corner, and will wheelie right on out of the corner. Put Matthews 85lb butt on it, and it definetly will fly. He can barely hold it up sitting still, but was already hitting it pretty hard here at the house. Just amazes me how well these little bikes run. I thought the KTM 65 ran good. 20 more cc's makes a HUGE difference.

My hope is that riding the 85 will make him faster on the 65. My wife is already yelling at me that he is too small to race it, "he cant even pick it up and start it if he would fall".........Like all the other 8 year olds in Mini Jr. he is small on an 85. For the first time on it when I got it home, I thought he was ripping in the field pretty good. She is afraid he will get hurt on the track on a bigger bike......moms??

Keep him on it! He'll grow into it eventually! Sounds really cool. How does he like it? What's he think?

KX.jpgI think after seeing me wheeling on it, he was a bit hesitent to take off on it! But after he got on it, I was surprised he was hitting it pretty hard. He was in an open field, so I am sure a track will be different. I am not gonna push him on it much yet. I really just went ahead and got it now because I could not pass up the deal. 2010 with nubs still on tires, original gas in the tank. Guys wife never rode it. Sold his 50 last week, so for $400 more than I sold the 50 for, I got the 85. Not a bad deal on a bike that never got rode. Found it on Ebay in Marietta. The photo is what he sent me, looked just like that when I picked it up.

if your like me you'll thank yourself in the long run. Dill moved off the 50 a year early at about 65/70lbs. onto an 85 and it really helped on the 65. then he came off the 65 a year early. one thing that helped was he had allot of wins on the 65 and that kept his confidence up. now he is 80lbs. on a super mini. getting off early was his idea both times so in my opinion just support them and keep there confidence up and watch em go...

Matthew is excited about the bigger bikes and he really looks more comfortable on them. Although he could race 50s all year he was just too big for it.

Back