the Triumph

smitty

PR Addict
aside from a few details here's the finished product t25 002.jpg

That is cool.
I'd make it a street legal enduro. Would be fun poking around town on that.
Would be an eye catcher.

has a title,lights are coming,I want to ride the reliability run down at the BSA meet in june

Looks very nice!

I always wanted to get an old Triumph or BSA but just never got around to it.

Right side kick & shift?

yep,for some reason this one trips me up right shift left brake,been riding my 68 bsa 650 since 96 w/o any trouble,just got to get my mine into a brit dirt bike

best part of this project is I sold most of the stuff I was not using from it to finance the improvements,plus this was a runner from the start so no engine work needed,great compression and oil pressure,still has the points it came with,upgrades include a mikuni carb and that crazy exhaust

I was looking at one of these a couple of years ago , thinking it would be a great bike for the Classic division in AHRMA . When I contacted them , I was told it wasn't Classic legal but had to run in Sportsman . Not sure why as it would likely get eaten up in Sportsman . Does it have a 5-speed tranny ? Somebody else told me that there a a lot of older model bikes that get lumped into Sportsman instead of Classic simply because they aren't 4-speeds . Still a cool bike .

4 speed,do not think they ever made them with 5 speeds,this would be among the last of triumph/bsa unit singles it being a 1972,they were all BSAs just badged triumph'
I think I have the charging system all worked out ,got a aftermarket regulator/rectifier off ebay that turned out to be neg.ground,bike is pos. ground but as long as I keep the body of the reg/rect insulated all is good,buzzed the neighborhood again yesterday still pulling varnish from the tank in flakes but it's getting better,have to fllush the filter out after I run it

got lights and working brake lamp,stuck the histarical plate off a bike long gone and hit the road saturday,just buzzed the local streets but got 15 miles on it over the weekend,got a bunch of attention on it including some dude who had his phone out taking a bunch of pics while I was eating lunch,handles great stops well,and generally runs super,clutch is still sticky but I'll get it worked out before the BSA meet,more photos to come as well as a plate of it's own

That is cool.
I'd make it a street legal enduro. Would be fun poking around town on that.
Would be an eye catcher.

TITLED AND PLATED,rode it around this weekend,got dirt bike gearing so 40 mph was it,but was fun at that,going to need a clutch soon,not slipping while riding but due to the compression was during start up,requires technique to be successful

t25t dualsport.jpga bit dirty from 100 miles (of a 80 mile ride) dual sport ride,won my class as I was the only one in it:p

I think that is awesome.
What kind of turn out did the event have?

I like those old bikes. Thats some real old school scrambling.
I've taken numerous photos of some of the BSA's at the vintage races I've been at. Those old thumpers kind of represent an era of their own.
(oh-no......here I go again, thinking I'd like to get one and do that :) )

we had 29 bikes in the reliability run 2/3 were late models,a pair of triumph twins,a zundapp enduro,and a few jap enduros as well,swap meet was light as was the overall attendance,weather kept a lot away,did not see the numbers for the trials,troyan took 3rd in his class but that's all I know about that,got to get me a route sheet holder cuz I'm doing that again!,oh I forgot,it was a 3hr ride and I did it in 5hrs,once I figured out the route sheet thing,mileage on side not the distance between directions,went from #12 to #55,hmm seem to be missing a few...
installed the new set of points in my tool bag,gapped them with a business card and she rumbles again,will have it at midohio as it will be a great transport for me and the girlfriend,strictly spectator,no racin,nothing for sale:cool:

Back