You won't be sorry!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Any time you have your rear wheel off of your bike, take 10 minutes and back out your swing arm chain adjuster bolts and lavishly coat the threaded hole and the bolt with "ANTI-SIEZE".

I spent my last two evenings battling a swing arm with both sides stuck frozen. I bought this swing arm as a replacement for my 98 CR250 a couple of years ago. I absolutely could not chance snapping these bolts off and had to get them freed up. It was not easily accomplished and took a lot of work and patience.

This is my third go-around with stuck adjuster bolts and my son has even snapped his off. Not a good situation.

Maintaining these while they are still free is time well spent. You won't be sorry!

Me too ! Learned that trick years ago, yamaha used to have a tiny hole in the swing arm right above the chain adjuster. Water in and seized up bolts !

When I got the bolts out I actually found aluminum galled into the bolt threads. Just a real slight build up but hard as the bolt, and wouldn't clean out with a thread die. I had to dig out allot of it by hand. I keep spare adjuster bolts and the jam nuts on hand, beings they are a special and only like 3 bucks. Worth it!

i made a custom tap for this application, that works great. i just welded a long shaft onto the tap and i run it up in there every couple times you take the wheel off.

Back