Electric Bike in Harescramble

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Check out this video. Actually gets kindof funny watching the guys on gas bikes stalling and falling all over the place.

Obviously this guy is a very good rider, but no stalling, no clutch, no gears electric bike looked like it was an advantage!

That is really cool! Checked them out at the bike show at the IX Center.The throttle/rheostat must be really good at feeding in the power/traction.Or the other riders,not so good. :D
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-mx/
Just about on price if your in the new KTM450 market range.

That mud booger at 3:30 just makes me mad!!LOL!!!
And what the hell is with ALL those riders crashed everywhere??? WTF!!HA!HA!
Yardsale anyone!BLAH!HA!HA! :D

How about the KTM guy plowing him...
Yea,I was thinking parts could be $$$$ but what parts?? All you would have to worry about is the handlebars,front and rear brake levers.Maybe some plastic but what else??? Hmmmm......tires/flat or chain/sprockets...............`bout it.The motor looks protected well enough. Interesting.
Let`s schedule a Pitracer Zero motorcycle ride day!! LOL! :D

I think it's funny at 2:25 when the guy on the Yam goes forward a bit and then falls because he can't quite touch the ground well enough. I can relate to that, has happened to me before!

first ten minutes great, second ten minutes ok, thirty minutes in and your looking for an outlet. 2 hour harescramble is a little longer then the first lap. Maybe they have a quick change battery for a couple thousand bucks. Haha. That guy was either very good or he was running behind the woodsman class. I'd try one though it looks like it gets some serious traction.

It looks fun,I would like to ride one! The techology is there,I think they will only get better... Briar Cliff Demo rides???

Those other guys were wrecked everywhere, on flat trails. I know it is muddy and slick, but Damn.

Two things going on here...
First there is much more elevation change than what it looks like
Second that guy is a very good off road rider

Looks fun, Id love to try one !

One HUGE problem though.... making two stroke noises is soooo easy, four stroke noises are too hard but what the heck , no noise at all???? Talking to your buds about how you doubled this or railed that berm would never be the same !!!!!!!

I just want to know, when he pulls into the creek crossing, do the other guys start sparking and float to the top?

"Unfortunately the Zero motorcycle ran out of battery before finishing the race."

I'll stick with my "gasser." The technology just isn't there when it comes to compact batteries. Maybe the advances in carbon nano tubes might help in the future but for right now, range is the weakest link in all electric vehicles.

Back