2003 Cr250 Bogging

Yamahauler951

PR Member
Hey guys. I have a 2003 honda cr250, and ive had alot of trouble with bogging. i changed the jets, got the carb cleaned, changed motor and pre-mix brands, rebuilt the whole motor, adjusted the needles. I also called the Carb Parts Warehouse, and the guy told me they have a huge waiting list on Carbuerators for these things , because they have always had bogging issues. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reeds? Power valve? Maybe Crank seals? Try a new plug for Sh!ts n Grins.
Also check pipe for buildup restricted flow

You need to switch over to the Keihin PWK, or mess with moving the needle clip up one to try and lean it out. I have the Keihin in my 02 CR 250 and thing runs awesome. Jetting is spot on.

They do bog with the stock Mikuni. Seems the carband the slow servo-driven powervalve don't work well in the real world. The Keihin is a BIG improvement. Better investment than pipe / reeds / porting.

Having said that, check the reeds. I'd believe Parma Dave already verified PV adjustment and operation.

Well the carb parts warehouse wont have the Keihin until May 10th, so i guess ill just have to wait until then til my bike will run good again. Thanks guys!

Back