It's official. Bubba and jgr go bye bye

sdjclevland

PR Addict
JGRMX and James Stewart Mutually Agree to Part Ways

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (May 6, 2012) – Effective immediately, JGRMX (Joe Gibbs Racing - Motocross) and James Stewart Jr. have mutually agreed to release Stewart from his contract for all Racing and Media Relations responsibilities that were assumed by him at the beginning of the 2012 racing season. We wish to thank James for his contributions and wish him the very best for the future.

Man. Release of the contract. Wonder of he got to keep the cash.

Sure it was probably paid through increments , so what he got a tricked out bike that he couldn't handle and about 3 million bucks. Pretty nice pay day.

Man. Release of the contract. Wonder of he got to keep the cash.

Sure it was probably paid through increments , so what he got a tricked out bike that he couldn't handle and about 3 million bucks. Pretty nice pay day.

Who ended up making the decision? James or JGR? Hope he didnt get all of the money.
So is he gonna race outdoors now or just a few races and pull off in the middle of em when he doesnt win? I am tired of the Bubba Saga! Lol

Supposedly the word is both sides were unhappy but more so James. And jgr said they don't want to let him out of his contract but at the same time don't want a unhappy rider. So they would let him out. I guess he is gonna race all the outdoors and honestl who is gonna beat him? Dungey is the only one and James is still faster than dungey we will see though. I'm sure if he gets frustrated he will just crash

All I have to say is that I've been a James Stewart hater for years. Ever since I saw him acting like a punk, rich, gangster basketball player on cribs, then as the "best rider of all time" on his tv show. He pulled out of the nationals, which to me makes you a real mx racer, and was still cocky as hell.

That beig said, he is undeniably fast, yet inconsistent. Since 2010 he hasn't meshed witht that bike, I dont care what anyone says.

The last two years, getting smoked straight up, I believe, has humbled him. He isn't as cocky, he seems just more disappointed.

So let him do his thing, same as Reed did when he got on Hondas, and we will see from there. Honestly people can make comments all day about him sucking, but everyone knows that if he can keep it on two wheels the dude can ride and #5 will be his only real competition on days where bad starts and crashes are NOT a factor. Whichhhh are few these days haha.

Just sucks. Dude had a fantastic career going and let it all go to his head it seems. Would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but we will just have to see if he can clean this up, or will be somewhat know as one of the greatest that never was... I mean, if he cannot make it work, the bike that is, at JGRMX...um...where else is he going to be able to make it work? Not thinking it was the bike...entirely. Millsaps seems to be doing OK??....

I don't think Dungey is gonna roll over that easy. I think he's about to turn it up here shortly. Stewart may have more sheer speed but I think Dungey is a smarter rider. We wil see..but I think Dungey is only getting better.

obviously im a js7 fan. but i really feel bad for gibbs. they wanted him so bad. couch had to keep pestering james to get him to sign. i guess that should have been a sign. if you had to beg him to be on the team in the first place...
that being said, i hope JGR can come up with someone good for 2013, but i really dont know who is available. should start a 250f team and pick up some rookies after lorettas. if i had bookoo bucks, id be signing jeremy martin right now to join the team after lorettas and atleast get myself some lites titles.

should start a 250f team and pick up some rookies after lorettas. if i had bookoo bucks, id be signing jeremy martin right now to join the team after lorettas and atleast get myself some lites titles.

I agree. Get some guys started with them that they can groom and continue with them as they move up. Millsaps is holding the fort down fine in the 450s right now. Heck -- bring in Izzi! Dude has been rockin' on the big bike lately.

When you are on top (of anything) life is grand, when you slip from power the beer starts tasting bad, the girls become boring and uninteresting, the cars go slower, essentially the world turns crappy. James has experienced this and I think he has been humbled and my prediction for what it is worth is he is fed up with it and has his head down right now, is training and his fire has been re-lit.

I just want to take the time to publicly thank everyone affiliated with Joe Gibbs Racing and with Yamaha for everything we’ve done together this year. It has been a rough year and it’s obvious that this is not the outcome any of us saw coming. But in the end, we believe this is what’s best for all of us. There have been a lot of rumors and talk about our relationship, but there’s really not a lot of truth in them. I do and have always appreciated the time and effort put in by everybody at JGR and at Yamaha. With Yamaha we’ve shared some really great times and those are times that I will never forget. Thank you all for the effort, the support and for the good times we’ve had. I really do wish the best to you guys and congratulations to Davi on finishing up the season on such a high note.
Let me also take this chance to be clear. My focus is on racing and fighting for wins. It always has been. And I really look forward to lining up on the gate and competing at all the MX races this season. Thank you to all the fans out there that have stuck with me through thick and thin. Thank you to my sponsors, thank you all for your support and we’ll see you at Hangtown. I can’t wait to get out there.
- James Stewar

James Stewart ‏ <s>@</s>js7 Im so excited for tmrw! For all those people who's not excited for tmrw, Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

I really hope this works for him. If not I feel bad cause he is the only racer out there right now that is expected to win no matter what. If he does not win races or get the championship everyone sees him as a failure. Any other raceR can get second place, dungey, Reed, villapoto. But the second bubba is slipping or getting second place, it's the end of te world. So now we will see. I think James will struggle ah first but pick it up as time goes on.

He seems pretty excited, way more them when he went to jgr. I think he know for a fact sha he will do on the Suzuki.

It's not a matter of slipping or getting second. I like James, It's just that is ego has got the best of him in last couple years. He is young and it's hard not to get caught up in everything. When people tell you everday your the best and unbeatable sometimes your motivation can lack
and determination is not there when it all starts to fall apart.
Also it's more disappointing to me that he basically gave up this year. His heart, as I said from the beginning, has not seemed to have been in it. Though he is not my favorite, I hope he comes back strong for the outdoors.

well i'm excited to see james on suzukis, oh yeah with ricky carmichael as the owner, what a duo that might be, wwwoooowwww! anyway as far as the outdoors go, i'm picking alessi as my dark horse. can't beleive no one is talking about him. last time he hauled outdoors he was on suzukis, guess what, he's back on suzukis. i know the indoors isnt his cup of tea, but he's always been fast outdoors. so i'm def looking forward to the outdoors. can't wait.

Drama drama..... I hope for no more drama once this change has gone through. Can't we get above the soap opera stuff and just talk about the racing and riding out on the track?

As far as Alessi, he's never been able to pass anyone at the pro level, so I can't see him winning a title. Think about it, he starts 1st and drops to 4th. If he starts 10th, he doesn't make it up to 4th, he finishes 10th or worse. He can't make passes and get to the front like champions can.

Edit: When I say anyone at the pro level, I'm talking about a top level guy, not a backmarker. Mike can't pass any top level rider to get to the front of the pack if he doesn't start there. When RV, RC, Stewart, Dungey, or those type of guys get a bad start or go down in the 1st turn, they always find a way to pass 36 guys in a moto and get back to 4th place or better........... Alessi can't do that.

Does anyone know who is definitely " out " for the outdoors ? There was some shuffling late in the SX season , any of those riders sticking with the changes for the Nat.'s ? Bowers , Faith , etc. ? Any European racers coming over ?

Millsaps seems to be doing OK??....

How was he doing in the first few rounds when everyone was healthy? Terrible. He finished on his high note because of injuries. And his buddy gavin faith isn't lighting the world on fire like Colleen Millsapps expected. Lots of politics when it comes to riding from MTF into the factory rigs.

Rocket is dead right on Alessi. Mike can't pass. But he sure can listen, look over to his aggressor, submit to the other riders dominance and let them pass.
He never had to pass anyone in the amatuers, his bikes were so superb nobody beat him to the first turn and nobody could hang with him after that.... Now that he's in the pro ranks with the influx of very fast amatuer riders coming through after his time he doesn't know what to do when he's got to "PASS."

Back