Mr. Malvern

nitrofish

PR Addict
Malvern continues to be our favorite track to race. Keep up the good work! The track prep has been outstanding, I really like the quad/bike split it gives a good track for both and stops the whining! Just for the record the boy drives a quad (yes, I said drives.LOL) and I ride a bike. The new tractor is a piece of work! You guys have really stepped it up with the little things, holeshot give-aways, chances on prizes using your entry ticket and so forth. I was wondering if it was possible to allow seating again near the roadside entrance, inside the fence. We have always pitted on the other side of the road, a little more quiet and safer for the youngins. We have always enjoyed pulling up our chairs on the grassy hill to take in the races in between motos, and being inside the fence keeps our kids out of the road and makes for an easy walk for our elders. I have also wondered on an earlier starting time for the races to keep the late nights a bit shorter. It becomes a struggle to keep the 6 year old spry and well, not so tired grumpy as the nights grow late. It would be nice to get in 4 laps for the second motos also, 3 just goes too fast. If the schedule works for the masses, due to work or other engagements I see the need. maybe an online pole would tell? Thanks again for giving us a great facility to race young and old and we will see you on the 19th! Sincerely, Matt, Jess and Jack. PS I hope this didn't sound like a butter ya up and slam you type of thing, That was not my intentions. We want you to continue to succeed so that we have a great, safe place to race and pit!

Good post!

Since you asked for a poll type deal, the only thing I need to say is that it`ll be tough on alot of people to start races earlier due to their jobs like you had mentioned.

Good questions.

Earlier start would cut into prep time. (just my thoughts) I'm sure Jason will give you a run down.

I think last Saturday was well run considering the decent turnout!

Hey Matt! Thanks for the kind words and some thoughts. Let me qualify this by saying, I am not Jason, I do not operate Malvern. I stand with and behind Jason on all of his decisons, the same I did with Josh for the sake of Malvern. Second, Malvern has a good future looking ahead. This is what I personally think, that does not mean it is what Jason thinks or how Malvern will operate. I would say these things to anyone.

As for starting earlier, we did that a couple years ago and it just seemed to be to early for people to get there, like Jared said because of work.

Spectating by the road, the problem is people crossing the track, which I think we can control and are attempting to. I think if we can keep that under control, it would be awesome to put a couple or few bleachers on top of that hill.

Laps... I want 3 for practice and 4-4 for motos, which is possible, but not always due to things will happen. Last saturday we started an hour late, we had some hold-ups which will get smoothed out in time as Jason figures it all out, thats why we need to be patient and stand behind him, he is going to make Malvern better and already is. The laps deal is always succeptable to each event. However, when Malvern ran in the nineties and early two-thousands it was 3-3-3, done deal. They also started practice at 5pm and racing at 7pm. It was always a late night, usually atleast 1am. I have worked here for about 12 years now.

These are just a few things to the whole picture. None the less, like you said Matt, I love Malvern and always will. This race track has helped shape what kind of man I am becoming. BBBBRRRRRAAAAPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Hey Matt! Thanks for the kind words and some thoughts. Let me qualify this by saying, I am not Jason, I do not operate Malvern. I stand with and behind Jason on all of his decisons, the same I did with Josh for the sake of Malvern. Second, Malvern has a good future looking ahead. This is what I personally think, that does not mean it is what Jason thinks or how Malvern will operate. I would say these things to anyone.

As for starting earlier, we did that a couple years ago and it just seemed to be to early for people to get there, like Jared said because of work.

Spectating by the road, the problem is people crossing the track, which I think we can control and are attempting to. I think if we can keep that under control, it would be awesome to put a couple or few bleachers on top of that hill.

Laps... I want 3 for practice and 4-4 for motos, which is possible, but not always due to things will happen. Last saturday we started an hour late, we had some hold-ups which will get smoothed out in time as Jason figures it all out, thats why we need to be patient and stand behind him, he is going to make Malvern better and already is. The laps deal is always succeptable to each event. However, when Malvern ran in the nineties and early two-thousands it was 3-3-3, done deal. They also started practice at 5pm and racing at 7pm. It was always a late night, usually atleast 1am. I have worked here for about 12 years now.

These are just a few things to the whole picture. None the less, like you said Matt, I love Malvern and always will. This race track has helped shape what kind of man I am becoming. BBBBRRRRRAAAAPPPP!!!!!!!!!

I guess I kinda knew the answers to my questions as I typed them, I just wanted to throw them out there. I understand about the start time, funny thing is I don't work on Saturdays and we struggle to make it by practice. I will blame that on the wife. I like the 3 lap practice dealio and then 4-4. I figured the pit vehicles sneaking in and outa the gate near the road spectator area had something to do with the closing of the gate too. The improvements are appreciated and the staff like yourself make it fun for all of us. Just keep up the good work, the turnouts are a reflection of everyone's hard work. Oh, Jack is glad that you are not announcing much anymore! Quad joke. He said maybe when you throw a leg over his quad you will finish becoming a man. Ok, I added that last part. I can't ride one of those things either, but his is pretty scary fast. Matt.

Good questions.

Earlier start would cut into prep time. (just my thoughts) I'm sure Jason will give you a run down.

I think last Saturday was well run considering the decent turnout!

Georgie, did not realize u were announcing Saturday night until it was all over. Wife and daughter said they heard you announce me coming past and knew me from the forum? Good stuff. Even the comment about Mitchy as he burned past as Zman's kid! See ya back there.

I don't know about becoming a real man being possible with me, especially by riding a quad! I am growing up slowly. Ouch, your boy doesn't like me announcing, hahaha. No high five for him anymore! :) Thanks for the encouragement Matt!

Geogie is doing a good job, glad to have him aboard!

I was going to say hi when I saw you in the staging area but I had to run down to the card guy and relay a message. I'll be back. Was a good time.

Ok first of all, thanks to everyone for all the compliments and positive feedback. It really does mean a lot to me. I would actually like to start a lot earlier but I can not risk sacrificing turnout to do so. We will try having the gates by the road open again next race. May have to have someone there checking armbands though. The reason we closed those gates last race was we had an intoxicated spectator harassing one of our flagers. Thanks again, Jason Rogers

here is the main reason we do not show up to race although your track is comin to be a great one with ue efforts jason ist exactly wat the big M needed.. but its just to damn late at night the last race we came witch weas a couple weeks back our last motos was at 1-130 and that my friend is way to late and dangerous at nite espically rippn fast on a bike not to mention blind spots too.. so wat iam wonderin is why cant quads run on a sat or sun or vise versa jus alternate the day of weekebd eith bikes or quads

Cost is the simple answer to that. It isn't cheap to run equipment/lights generators, water, pay staff....etc.

That's what I would I think. This post in no way describes what Malvern thinks.

George, is right about the cost. The CRA would not give us that many dates and we can not run the same day as another track. I really would like to start earlier.

Back