Pymatuning Holeshot Raceway

shookbabe

PR Member
i decided to go the holeshot today to check the track conditions and when i pulled in i seen they were refacing all the jumps and adding dirt to the track. it looked absolutely awesome my son and i are gonna have a blast on it tomorrow night. It is by far the best i have ever seen it. i dont know the new guy taking care of the track but he does a awesome job, he really cares what it looks like and making it the best it can be. he has even made the entire pit area look completely diferent. major improvements on the whole place definately. He told me they will be making some sweet jump changes mainly the step up in the middle of the track for the intermediate and older riders, which i really look foward too. anyone who doesnt come out for the first time or be a return racer at holeshot is nuts becuase the track is the nicest in the area

I've been hearing how great Pyma is this year for the last 20 years! The only way they will ever pull big numbers is to get rid of the quads, add a 50/50 dirt-sand mix or dirt-mulch mix to the flat concrete turns. By late first round or second round your on a one line blue grove.

there is no concrete turns that i seen everything is nice fluffy topsoil and most of the turns are sweepers. but i am not a quad fan but there is very few quads there and they disc after the quad moto's before the bikes run so the bikes have fresh track to ride on which is sweet. but the new guy doing the track prep does a killler job on the track but i can understand what your saying about the rumors of holeshot but you need to check it out and see how nice it is now. they are really trying to turn the place around and bring the big numbers back there. what would it hurt to give it a shot

Some of my best memories were at holeshot between 03-05. Ya the track got one lined and hard, but it was beginner friendly yet having some good air. The turnouts were huge and it was a great atmosphere. That's the part of racing I miss the most... I rememer everyone could recite arts racers prayer lol. Good times. Ill be there at some point this summer.

Mine too, Spagina, but I rode there last year, and it was reminiscent of that dirt composition and track style from then. Sure wish I were still in the area...

Back in the day the jumps were huge. Turnouts were huge. Racing was great. Always found myself in a battle every class I entered. Sigh.

Holeshot was the first real motocross track I ever rode on, and where my first race was back in 2000. It seemed awesome back then. Definitely seemed to fall off soon thereafter to me. I would really like to see it booming like it used too, and the track in good shape of course.

I just miss riding...
I think my first Pyma race was in like 1988 or so. No lights day racing in the dust. The back straight was so rough it was nuts. My dad and I have turned sooo many laps on that track. Had a couple years I didn't ride there only because I Lacked a bike. Would ride there now if I had one.
I remember those Friday nights till 3AM! Rolling out of Pyma to hit Malvern on Saturday.
Hope Art has a good season!

Back