RichY

PR Addict
DSC5975aa-XL.jpg

DSC6086aa-XL.jpg

DSC6113aa-XL.jpg

DSC5918aa-XL.jpg

DSC5316aa-XL.jpg

DSC5285aa-XL.jpg

Court and I stopped out last night to check out some of this flat trackin' stuff.. The faster guys were pretty intense to watch! I love when they really pitch it out there goin into the corners.. That number 41 was damn good as well as a couple of the speed way bikes. Kinda makes me wanna give it a try on the bike and the quad!

Nice job Rich, I need to make it up there sometime this year since they are not having Bike Days in Canton any longer.

The only thing that scares me is 41 not having full leathers. Hard pack dirt still hurts! Would hate to shower for the next 3 weeks after sliding into the outside of the track.

#41 looks textbook, dude musta been fast!

While I was there I heard that #41 was the local hotshot.. He was rippin for sure and pitched it into the corners real good. On the straight just before entering the corner his bike sounded like it was breaking up every time too. Dont know if thats some type of set up since im not too familiar with how they do things though, but sounded kinda funny..

I think some of those guys gear their bikes so that at the end of a straight they are right up against the rev limiter before shutting off for the corner. When you go to half miles you hear a lot of bikes like that. Not so much with the XR 750s but with the smaller 450s

At WRMC a 450 is usually geared to run 3rd gear, and yes they should damn near be bouncing off the rev limiter at the end of the straight. I gear my 1979 honda 500 to run in 3rd also. On half miles I run 4th and 450's are in top gear. #41 is Ricky Marshall and yes he is a good rider! Has made many main events on Xr's, I would compare him to a Gavin Gracyk in the flattrack world.

Back