Video from Leatt on neck brace testing

hmm. So Leatt makes a video about how safe their product is. I'm sure they're going to tell you about any problems with it.

I like the dummy at the beginning where his head swings into a block.....Then the block falls over. Last time I slammed into the ground, the ground didn't move and help lesson the impact.

I love the idea of neck braces, but until there is THIRD party testing, I won't wear one.

I was wondering why they where swinging the head into the block and not dropping the guy on his head...

hahaha! When was the last time you encountered a block on an MX track....? I'm out of the loop, are most riders still wearing Leatts? Or have they kinda gone away in popularity? I'm not trying to start WWIII... I was just looking for a general overview. --L*64

I'd still say they are popular. There have definitely been people (including on this board) who have stopped wearing them. Do the majority still wear them? I would say yes based on what I have seen.

Often in house testing is considered questionable by people. Just remember that ALL drugs and medical procedures are tested in house. I'd personally love to read the white paper.

Seems like a lot still wear them at amatuer national events. Seemed like more wore them 2-4 years ago and when they were first boomed onto the market from David Bailey. (Whose son doesn't wear one now.)

I'm waiting on third party as well. And if it proves helpful, i'd probably wear one. Until then I'll wait with the likes of Jon16.

Back