KX500 parts

smitty

PR Addict
in all the bikes and parts I have bought and sold over the years none have brought out the wackos like this one,first and longest running wacko is from austraila he's been hounding me for over a month for parts but can never commit to what he wants and then last week he's all ready to go wants to paypal me and I says intl.money order please and he shuts down,hmmmmmm,then the guy from akron had a wanted ad on craigslist and we text (?!) back and forth for a week and then nothing,and last night off a craiglist ad some guy calls about the pipe and says he's coming over,I check the area code and he's from new york,(might be still on his way)got to love it!!!:cool:

right after I did this post the aussie emails me wanting my bank account # to pay me!!!,replied once again ,money order please,is the air thin down under?,gave me a U.S. address to ship to so that makes it easier once I get paid,no worries mate,g'day

Those 500 riders can be a bit strange...

Yes we are . We are the guys with eyes opened wide , fists clenched to white knuckles , and butts puckered so tight you couldn't drive in a needle with a sledge hammer . Nothing like like hurtling toward a corner at warp factor five with the front wheel in the air and little to no chance of slowing the heavy beast down enough to make the turn . Usually we will be mumbling through a goofy grin with a bit of drool trickling down the corner of our mouths . Nothing like riding the big bores , especially the overweight , twin shock , drum brake variety . They make us slow guys feel fast . Between crashes .

the feature I liked the most about my husky WR430 was the light speed mode it had mid point of the throttle,everything just turned to a blurrrrrrrrrrrr,sorry nerve damage due to trying to hang on to that beast,last saw it in the back of a chevy LUV truck heading to ft. wayne ind.

Hey remember my first ever AHRMA race was on the Halffast/Hartney 1981 CR450! I remember being in the pits and 2-3 people came by through the morning and said "are you really going to race that bike today?"

I shipped a entire 86 KTM250 to Aus, I believe he paid me thru western union. The bike cost him 1,000 shipping was somewhere around 1,500

I shipped my Ebay sold '84 RM500 to an Aussie last year as well, Scott. I checked his website and found he imports lots of bikes, and he knew what he was doing. I provided the necessary numbers and he filled my checking account overnight. I sat back and waited a week or two until a big honkin' eighteen wheeler comes lumbering down my long private driveway to pick it up. Easy enough for me.

I got this stuff all packed up in 3 boxes shipping it to calif going to cost him $220,have not heard back from him yet,be nice to get this stuff outta my garage:cool:

this nightmare is almost over,received western union payment yesterday,I should have specified US$ as I took about a 5% hit on the exchange,got to tag the boxes and get them to ups or have them pick them up,box with engine weights 83#,driver wont like me

Back