Sunset Ridge MX LL Qualifier, Walnut IL

Zman

PR Addict
Took a road trip over to check it out. Was a great track and great program. The folks running it are on the ball. No messing around and seemed to run as well as a RedBud program. The track shaped up just like RedBud does...lots of sand. Turns out, good timing on my part the weekend before my LL regional at Redbud.

3rd overall in 40+, 2ndQ, and 5th, 4Q, in the VetB/C. Mitchy landed a holeshot in moto 1 in the 50cc stock 2 class and landed on the ground on the start of moto 2, when another rider lost it and took him out.Went 6th-15th for 9th Q. He had the speed, just not the luck.

All in all good weekend, tough conditions, and fun times. A few pics and a helmet cam of practice day out with the B class riders. I have not been on a track with the B class in years, and again, realize just how fast these (you all) kids go! Riders were going by like I was glued to the earth at times. I did manage the nerve to launch the largest infield jump though, just once and catch it on video, but decided not to push my like as the winds kicked up.

Also, was fun to watch Travis Sewell burn laps at an alarming pace. I was fortunate enought to line up next to him on Saturday, in a extra for fun Vet class race. Followed him, at about a 4 bike length distance, off the start to the first corner and then it was as if he disappeared. I watched him in the ProSport class and it is truely amazing how top notch riders handle the rough ruts and braking bumps. Said he will be at HighPoint for that national.

DSC_0259.jpgDSC_0297.jpgDSC_0111.jpgUphill.jpgWhoops1.jpgDSC_0160.jpgDSC_0236.jpg

A helmet cam (change to HD in player) of one lap around.

Way to go Boys. Take it to Regionals. Hope you enjoy all the many riders at the Regional also. :)

Rae Lynn

Back