Red bud regional Entry List

Dustin freitag. Nice. Wish I could of joined you this year!!

Hope you make it.

2 stroke looks looks staaacckkkkkedd.

Never ceases to amaze me, year after year. There is a 40 man gate at the Regional and you are qualifying from your Area or maybe 2-3 Areas to get to more than one Regional which is fine. But when you get to the the Regional I dont think it is fair to have to qualify there for your spot on the gate. It has always amazed me when you get to your Regional you have 50, 60 or more riders in a class. Why not just eliminate the Area qualifiers and make several Regionals that are 4 days in length, Open Regional where all riders can come. Of course they still want to make their money so just charge more per class to make up the difference, I wouldnt mind paying more per class because it would actually probably save riders in the long run with less fuel for travel, food, wear & tear, extra family members gate fees, etc.. They would be like a mini National Regionals or something.

I see 250A only has 48 riders. lol

Good luck to everyone racing the Regionals .

Rae Lynn

I will be there this weekend. This should be intresting. I have never been to a regional before and will be with Dave Perek. BRAAAPPP! Just living the moto dream!

Rae Lynn, I agree. We have beat that topic up here in the past. I totally agree, when you get to the Regional, to race to make it into the National, there should be a 40 man gate, and have a few alternates for guys that may not make it due to injury, etc. In my opinion, that is why there are area qualifiers, in order to weed out some people, to get down to a 40 man regional qualifier!! Allow alternates to sign up and show up, just like LL, and your done. My system would work much better. I also do not feel you should be allow to qualify in 4 different regions. That happens all the time also.

^It looks like they take alternates up to (the # of areas * max allowed qualifiers). So that means they'll take up to 64 riders (8*8) per class in most regions. Agreed that it sucks. I think it's more about money than fairness or common sense. I think this has all been bitched about on here before though...

If you ever desire to make the National…..and attempt too, I think you’ll appreciate many of the things those looking from the outside don’t seem to understand.<O:p</O:p

Back