Warrior Dash, Logan 2012

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well off to Warrior Dash this morning. No real prep other than I rode last week. My shoulder is 50-50, I guess we'll see if I can tough it out.

A little late responding, but hang tough and have fun!
If it's the same course layout you got a bit of hill work to do.

A little late responding, but hang tough and have fun!
If it's the same course layout you got a bit of hill work to do.

Way easier than 330. The hills at 330 were killer. This time I had to wait on my wife, the runner, 4-5 times. We finished somewhere around 45-46 minutes or so. I feel like I could go run a moto right now. Not too bad for zero training, and i only rode once in the last month. I'm pretty pumped on how i did consider my training, or a lack thereof. I would like to try it once, and actual prepare. I dug the course though, it was challenging and fun. Tons of people, way more than 330. Crazy. The key is not drinking before you run, I learned a lesson at 330.

I will post some pics, once I get them on photobucket.

Good Job!
Like you I ran with a partner, lost track of him and shortly after, stopped 4 times to see if I could find him (my brother, and I was worried he might be having a coronary). I finished in 38 minutes and would love to do it again to see how well I could really do.

You definitely get an adrenaline and confidance charge afterward.

When we were released at the start, at the woods entry it bottle neck jammed really bad, people were almost at a stand still, did that happen to you guys?

Oh yea, lots of bottle necks. We actually were waiting in line to do the rope crossings. 38 is pretty decent. Gonz smoked it in like 32 minutes. He was flying. I got lots of ideas for my course now, im actually kind of excited to get it going.

IMAG2414.jpg

IMAG2412.jpg

IMAG2410.jpg

Do they have the start split so the people that are actually trying to set a time don't get held up?

Do they have the start split so the people that are actually trying to set a time don't get held up?

Nope, its a free for all. If you wanna good time, you gotta show up a half hour before your wave starts to get to the front.

I would guess that 400-500 start in each wave.

early bird gets the worm eh.

If you're really BA, then you should start backwards at the end of your wave and still get the best time! :D

Me and gonz were talking about running two motos next time. Then averaging our times. If they deny us, we'll give em the bird.

Back