High Point National Saturday

I was going to try but I would have to bring my 2 1/2 yr old twins. I think they would be great till the mid day area and then all the whinning would drive me crazy ! LOL

going to try and make it. depends on the weather for me. dont wanna fry, nor do i have 4 wheel drive. if stew aint there, im turning around and coming back home. :D

I am going to have to miss this one. Doing Red Bud Regional, High Point National, Red Bud National, and a week at Loretta's in a two month period could not fit into the race spectating budget (read as...wife refused to put in some overtime so that loving hubby could go play).

bruce

Going, but dreading the drive. Me, the wife, my four year old and, a 7 week old. In the words or homer simpson, DOOOOHHHH! Wish I could stay all weekend, but there aint enough beer out there for my nerves to take it.

Gonna spectate down at the dude and had to work this weekend.

Speaking of Loretta's.....is the camping fee 325 per person for the week or is it 325 per vehicle?!

The Mrs. and I should be there. I was actually going to skip it due to trying to get ready for the dunes in about a month, but the wife wants to go. Saw a note Stewy if OK...for now on Racer X.

The Mrs. and I should be there. I was actually going to skip it due to trying to get ready for the dunes in about a month, but the wife wants to go. Saw a note Stewy if OK...for now on Racer X.

Scoob, skip the Dunes, all that sand always does irreversible damage to your bike! Save the time for Red Bud Vet Fest!

Scoob, skip the Dunes, all that sand always does irreversible damage to your bike! Save the time for Red Bud Vet Fest!

Ha ha, well, if I go to the dunes...I mean when I go to the dunes this year I will be riding my brothers old KX and my Tecate 3 if I can get it where I want it. Still no MX bike I call mine yet. 450 is in parts to the frame ready for fab work, a KX500 motor, and to become my dune bike.

As always (don't snicker) I plan to hit Vet Fest. I am certain I will have a new bike by then. Not certain if it will be a KX250, KX300, or KX450f, but I will have one. How long do you think a person can help make a track all lucious and pretty for others to have an absolute blast on? It IS my motivation!

See ya at Vet Fest. BTW, you started it. On arm in... ;)

BTW2- Sand only does damage if you get it where it shouldn't be. No different than dirt to an extent. Just have to take additional precautions and you'll be fine. Sure, a little more work before and after the dunes, but oh so fun. I mean ohhhhh so fun. :) Sure, I say this as I sit bikeless, but it wasn't the dunes' fault. Who woulda knew that a slipping clutch puts microscopic fibers, etc. into your oil and could cause damage or failure? Obviously just about everyone, but me... :(

Funny thing about getting sand where it shouldn't be after riding in it........ it's everywhere it shouldn't be! Like in my ears, in my eyes, in my air box, in my chain, in my wheel bearings, in all kinds of places where dirt doesn't seem to end up when I ride in dirt.

And yes I started it by mentioning Scoob and Vet Fest in the same sentence. I probably shouldn't have as those two things don't seem to go together just like water and oil. But there is always hope that you'll make it one year.........

I have had loads of fun riding in the dunes as well, it's crazy fun. Wish we had that closer to us here so it was easier to do......

I am with you Don. I want to do to Red Bud. I went a long time ago, and my son Matthew has never been to a outdoor National. I would like to take him this year if everything works out.

Just have to wash the bike after every ride and clean the air filter, etc. Not 100% fail safe, but neither bomb to my '07 was due to the dune riding. It's just a bomb. My KX250's never had a problem...

I'll get there Rocket. Maybe this year. That is the plan as it has been the previous 2 years. Just ran into some road blocks. We'll see what this fall throws at me and if I can huck 'em.

Actually, the wife and I were going to go to Red Bud this year, but it falls on the Saturday before we come home from Silver Lake. Only 2 hours south of the dunes. Not sure we'll make the treck the day before we come home on July 7th.

Now we actually may go up tomorrow night and stay with a friend. He only lives 25 minutes from track. Hard to tell when we will go, but we should be there... He said it looks like they took out a technical twisty section. have no idea what he is talking about... Free BBQ at some HD dealership near the track after the race he said though...

Back