Dirtworld info PLEASE read

DirtworldMX

PR Addict
At Dirtworld Mx Park we are trying our hardest to keep everyone happy. It is difficult taking over a business from someone to begin with especially when Mike did such a good job and we are trying to fill in his shoes. With that said we would like your input on what you think about dirtworld any suggestions on what would make you come to dirtworld more often or come back to dirtworld.

Our next practice is this saturday 4pm til dark. The weather is going to be great and we hope to see you out there!

Thank you!
Tiffany@Dirtworld

Pick up the track and relocated it about an hour down rt.11... lol

Havent been there for a few years now, but keep on track with Mike's pace and you`ll have no issues!

Thank you! We are honestly trying our hardest but like i said taking over a business is very hard to begin with and then when you are taking over a track that has such a good name from mike bc he has done an awesome job its very hard. We have the track prep down now we have hired mikes guys that helped with track maintenance to run the water trucks. So thats good now. But we feel theres something else we must not be doin right, we cant figure it out bc shane goes around and will talk to everyone and people wont be honest with him, they tell him everythings great then we hear from others different. And we only want to make everyone we can happy but if we dont know what the matter is we cant fix it. So hopefully this will help :)

I hope to make it up eventually, but during the week its near impossible since I dont get home from work till 530. However, if I can make it up sometime, I will give an honest assessment! The people that talk crap about a track behind the owners back just dont make sense. Nothing will ever get better if you dont express honest reviews to the people that can actually make a change. This really only matters when you have track owners that actually care. Which from what I can tell, you guys do seem the share the same passion along the likes of the other top notch track owners in NE Ohio. Just remember, you cant make EVERYONE happy, so dont beat yourself up over a couple sour apples.

I think you guys will be doing just fine with some experience. I like you both, I consider you friends. I'm not bashing you in any way, I'm just going to tell you what I see different that needs to be adjusted, so to speak.

1. The track really needs to be ripped deeper, and more water needs to be put down before 4pm. Last year, 2 guys were watering load after load. Deep rip with the chizzle plow, and then the drag following. When you see dust rolling up from underneath the "prepped" dirt before the finish line after one guy is on the track, it only says one thing: it needs to be deeper and more water needs to be put down.

2. I know alot of people really LOVED the jump immediately after the six pack. I have heard and agree with "pit-talk" about how we wish it was all still there. It gave you some nice hang time and had a great landing. I'm not saying to bring it back, that's just something I heard and agree with. That was a great jump.

3. The new double after the six pack is terrible. The face is mediocre, the landing is hard. I feel like I'm falling out of the sky and can hear my forks pop every time I land and no matter what I do, I bottom out. That jump definitely needs needs a better landing or it needs to be lengthened into a triple of some sort. But the landing is key, we need something with good pitch so we're not bottoming out. The hangtime is right, the landing is all wrong. Even after only about 10 laps I could feel that landing in my ankles, and I dread that jump every lap that I come through the six pack.

4. The back stretch needs to be restored. And the tree branches needs trimmed on the inside, the branches are in perfect heights to smash your helmet everytime you go by. I know you were having mud issues the last practice, but in all reality last year that back corner always mucked up, however it was rideable and by 7pm at night it usually had 3-5 solid nice ruts through it. Sloppy first few practices are usually an indicator of how well the track will form up/hold. I wouldn't keep running the shortened version on the inside because your water truck road is going to be toast. When you try to fix it you'll be burying the water trucks when trying to water the back stretch.

5. Some of the tires in the corners are getting moved quite a few feet inside of where they used to be. I'd suggest moving them back. Dirtworld has always had a great flow to it.

I want to see you guys be successful, and I know that with time things will fall together. Track prep is not easy, and everyone thinks it is. People were spoiled with Mike's expertise and they want that expertise back asap. You can't get experience like that over night.

Mike could prep track very fast, he had it down. You guys might want to try starting maintenance at 10:00 am. Dig dig dig and water water water. Eugene knows what he is doing in the water truck. He's been doing it for years.

You guys inherited the golden egg! Keep it golden and strive to deliver the best track prep around and everything will fall together. I'll see you next thursday!

Personally I think the track is as good if not better than last year. I do agree the jump after the 6 pack is odd. The face is kinda abrubt and the landing could use a bit more soil added and the grade it out nicely and it would be good. It throws you up more than out. The only other thing I think would be nice is some options to ride earlier in the day. Sat and Sun would be nice. If I could ride Sat night, camp and and ride again Sunday I would! I do enjoy the Sat night practices tho as its nice and cool and a good time to put in laps without getting toasted.

I would say the general flow is one of the best. Track layout is good as is. The back section where you can open it up makes DW one of my favorites.

i was there last night had a great time, pretty sure that was one of the first tracks i rode back when i was 14 lol. looking forward to comming back asap, any way heres my input.

-i agre with georgie, the track needs to be ripped up a little deeper

-the double at the end of the six pack is sweet, but the landing needs to be rebuilt, i had to adjust the compression on my forks because i kept bottoming out no matter where i landed. if there was a landing to downside we could go much bigger and smoother, and it would be sweet to downside that double and scrub the little table top right after (which is a sweet little jump).

-the six pack up front is awesome, one of my favorite sections, but the landing are a little beat up, they could use some attention. it doesnt matter where u land on them you just kind of make the gap no matter what.

-there are branches on the inside of the straight away on the back section that smack you in the face, thos for sure have to go.

-the small double double that is right before the "big double", i dont know what to say about those, just not feeling that at all and im sure people would agree.

i feel like im bashing but im not, DW is an amazing place and ill ride there as long as i live, cant wait to make it back out. any way thats my input, anyone else who has rode there recently if you agree with anything or have something to add please do, it will just benefit us and the track owners.

Thank you guys! This is honestly what we are wanting. We want to make the track better, i know we are not going to be able to make everyone happy thats just how life goes but we would like to make the majority of riders happier and keep them happy and keep them coming back. We have big shoes to fill and we honestly are trying our best! We appreciate eveyone who comes out and supports the track!! We have a huge passion for dirtworld and we put alot of hard work into it. I understand you guys are not trying to bash dirtworld at all we are just wanting the riders input to only make dirtworld a better place to ride :)

Thank you so much!
Tiffany@dirtworld
(440) 858-9584

Like george i consider you guys friends, would never bash on anything. YOu guys are doing good and will only get better. I agree with the comments about the jump after the 6 pack.. not a huge fan but its not horrible either.

The 2 little jumps after coming outta the back are just kinda weird. They are so small and almost just awkward. Something that flowed a little nicer would be fun. That corner before usually ruts up pretty good and you can usually carry a lot of speed out of it, enough to put in a decent sized jump there or something...

Shane mentioned a sand section, and that would be AWESOME. that back corner would make a sweet spot for it. But im sure thats more $ and maintenance so I understand chosing not to do that. Dirtworld is FAST. Which is fun, but i always feel like im just killing my bike riding there wide open all the time lol. Anything to slow it down a little bit in my opinion wouldnt be a horrible idea. THe jumps are fun and stuff but your wide open before, wide open after, etc..

I think my only actual complaint is that its just been the same for soo long. It hasn't changed much over the years.

I love dirtworld, grew up riding there since before it was even a track and opened up.. I'd def be out more than i am its jsut so far away from my work so it makes weekday trips hard.

Sand would be awesome...track is awesome, like above the last double,in six pack is weird...the jumps before the big double are not so good...maybe just to nice little tables. Would be good....Your kinda in a bad spot the track flows so good....and if you change it...might not keep people happy....But to get people out there...I suggest you do like a vet day and have track primo...Or Dirt World Bar b Q Blast day.....would be sick! Camping over nite on a fri or sat is good. Sand where the little triple thing is would be sick like come off that table into sand rollers...WOW! Promote events...The Cliff is awesome at it. Beans vet day was awesome? But I love dirt world and keep up the good work and good luck....Oh and if you want next level...There are these Guys Hitchcocks....The build the sickest jumps and tracks around....If you want their number PM me and you can get in contact with them...They can take dw to the Next level.

They really do build the best racks and jumps around...I just texted him and he said he would love to take it the next level. Many people have seen their own track and what they built for beans a few years ago was awesome. Just trying to help out..Dirt World I love the place and the dirt.

Can't make it out during the week with my work schedule. Saturday practce with camping overnight and Sunday practice would be great. Haven't been out this year yet, but we will be out soon. Love us some Dirt World.

Is there a kids track that is good for beginners, I was thinking of heading up today. My Kids would be coming up with me.

For beginners yes we made a small peewee track, we are actually going to expand the peewee track tomorrow. It cost only $10.00 to ride on the peewee track.

Thank you !
Tiffany@dirtworld
(440) 858-9584

Just to let everyone know, Shanes went to dirtworld at 7am this morning to fix some of the requests you guys have made. Some of the things hes working on is cutting some branches, fix some things with the dozer, he said one was going to be the landing on that jump for you guys. He cant do everything this morning seeing how by 11am he always starts working on the track for practice. Tomorrow we going to be working over at dirtworld expanding the peewee track to make it for both 50s and 65 bikes to ride not just 50s.

We briefly talked about the camping request and to ride on sunday. We havent made a decision on that, if we would get a good turn out then we would say yes but were not sure how that would go. It seems when we try to do new things they dont go so well. So we will see!

But practice is today from 4pm til dark. We hope to see you there kickin' up some dirt :) the weathers going to be great!!

Thank you!
Tiffany@dirtworld
(440) 858-9584

Can't fix everything in one morning....a vet day would really get you guys some people out there who have not been there in awhile though...open at 12 on a sat for vet day! Beans had one and had more riders then I have ever seen there. And let's grill out for that one too! 25plus.

thats what i said, he cant fix everything in one morning. i forgot to mention the vet day to him. we want to fix some things and expand the peewee track before we.do anything like that though :)

Can't fix everything in one morning....a vet day would really get you guys some people out there who have not been there in awhile though...open at 12 on a sat for vet day! Beans had one and had more riders then I have ever seen there. And let's grill out for that one too! 25plus.

No make it 30+. 25-29 aren't true vets, we are fakers!

Just a suggestion but would running practice on saturday starting earlier help. Waiting til 4 on saturday for riders that have a longer drive has kept us from coming. I have heard this from many of my PA rider friends. Maybe start at 12, but i understand this may not work for you. Thanks for what you are doing for us!

Back