Renner bringing the 125 to Red Bud

i just dont understand this. if he can do well on a 125, why not ride a 250f and do better and maybe land a gig somewhere making some money?

Renner is nowhere near being a top 250f guy so I doubt he could land a ride....even though he should get Malcom Stewarts ride as all that kid does is crash out EVERY RACE....back to point....maybe all the two stroke fans are putting together a paycheck for him showing up and more money if qualifying ?

Loneranger, how can you say that about Malcom........poor kid is just trying to one up his brother in one category.

He should try Unadilla or Buds Creek, Mabey even do well at Kenworthy's! Awe, that's right, Coombs took that away from us.

20,000 in attendance at high point. X$50. $1,000,000 day.

And how much do they pay the boys puttin on the show? SPIT.

Since we’re doing math........it's actually, 18,000 that try...
But I think $10,000 may be a stretch ~ no?<O:p</O:p

The Red Bull AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship is the world's largest and most prestigious amateur motocross racing program. The national qualifying program consists of 50 Area Qualifiers (February through May) and 12 Regional Championships (June), hosted at select motocross facilities across the country. The qualifying system culminates in the National Final (first week of August) hosted annually since 1982 at the home of country music star Loretta Lynn in Hurricane Mills, Tenn. Nearly 18,000 racers attempt to qualify in 36 classes for the 1,410 available positions at the National. Christened "The World's Greatest Motocross Vacation", the National event serves as a launch pad for some of the biggest names in professional motocross and supercross, including Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, and Ryan Dungey. The national program is produced by MX Sports, Inc., a West Virginia-based race production company. For more information, please visit
www.mxsports.com.

I spent about $2-3k last year. But that includes all the travel to 2 areas and 2 Regionals (one at Millville), hotels, food, entry fees, gas, week at the ranch, bla bla bla. But we also treated the experience as a vacation and were doing other things like staying at Opryland in Nashville. a couple nights.

The actual entry fees you send to MXSports is $125. $10 Area, $40 Regional, $75 National.

I guess if you include the cost of bikes, entry fees, camping permit, etc for the 1410 riders that are entered into the Loretta Lynn's final, each rider will have $10,000 wrapped up in their racing for the year. But that doesn't all go to MX Sports, the biggest chunk of it would go to the bike purchase and then many costs going here and there after that to get in.

MX Sports gets

$10 - Area Qualifier Fee from approx 18,000 racers = $180,000
$40 - Regional Fee from approx 7 regions regional registration fee for 36 classes (64 max riders per class) = Max of $92,160 if every class had 64 riders at regional
$305 - Loretta Lynn's facility permits times 900 racers (some racers ride 2 classes and only pay once of 1410 entries) = $274,500
$75 - Class fee times 1410 entries = $105,750
$25 - Pit vehicle fee x 2000 pit vehicles at Lorettas = $50,000

So MxSports brings in a maximum of $702,410 from the racers that go through the process in some form or another (that is exaggerated as most classes are not full at regional and paid $40 in full capacity).

Of course, it's a business and they are making money, but putting on the show, running the equipment, paying all of those workers, and renting Loretta Lynn's campground can't be a cheap endeavor either. But that gives you a realistic idea of what type of money is going through MX Sports hands on the process of Loretta Lynns.

I look at Loretta's like I look at college sports. But after college you get paid big money to make it to the professional ranks.

Not in motocross. If it wasn't for the guys getting lapped the guys making factory contracts wouldn't have any. Nobody would come to watch and thus nobody would make money.

Theres no reason a pro rider who makes the main gates should be losing money out of their pockets so someone can get rich.

40th place on the day should go home with atleast $2,000.+. Especially if HIGH POINT and DC raked in $1,000,000 in spectators.

Not to mention camping fees, fees from vendors, etc. they for sure bring in money. It is crazy that some of the best racers in the world are absolutely broke. It's so hard to compete with people on factory equipment, with rigs, good food cooked on a grill, everything. It's a rut that is hard to get out of as a privateer.

Back