Malvern Thursday June 14 open practice quads only

Couldn't make it out tonight, quad wont start. Im curious how was the turn out, see you this weekend

Nationals this weekend, everyone usually leaves town on Thursdays.

Everybody's been telling you that during weeks when there's a national a lot of the quad riders leave town on Thursday to drive to the race. Why not try and accommodate your customers by listening to us? There are many more riders who would have been there if not for the nat. If you continue to hold quad practice during a national week you will continue to be disappointed.

From the above posts, it doesn't look like the quad turnout was that much different from Wed. to Thurs. The guys and gals that go to nationals will be able to make it when they can. We have a track owner trying to make the best of everything and people still complain. He has to work everyday just like us and maybe that is what best fits his schedule. Be thankful we have a place to ride and stop complaining cause it's not on the day that suits some.

Next quad practice is June 28th 4-8. Track will be prepped. $20 per rider.

Well, there's a national that weekend so guess where I'll be? Not at Malvern on Thursday. Grateful that you're trying to accomodate quads, but you're shooting yourself in the foot here in terms of turn out.

Figured id post this in this thread as well since its directed toward quads..

Guys, id like to ride malvern (on a quad) every week just as you would but you've gotta look at it like this... Last year and a few years prior there weren't a whole lot of practices to begin with and many were bike only. Then, even before that, there were NO practices at malvern period. Not to mention the added benefit of no crazy bike lines and a properly prepped track and more track time period on both bike only and quad only nights. I've noticed the quad only thursdays fall the weekend before a race at malvern, which is a semi benefit if your getting some track/test time on the track before the weekend.. plus most people may not get to the track till after work and by the time id get there id get two maybe 3 short practice sessions in before quitting time on a bike and quad night.. 20 bones plus fuel for maybe 45 minutes of riding.. I dig the more time on the track on a quad only night..

Either way you slice it, at this point, I'm grateful for ANY track that will allow both, let alone soley accommodate both bikes and quads on their own nights..

And allot of people dont realize that Jason's house is not at the track either. When he goes there, he needs to make the most of his trip. To him it makes sense to the quad practice on the thursdays of race weekends, because he can just stay there. i think. Or at least thats how i understood it.

Well, there's a national that weekend so guess where I'll be? Not at Malvern on Thursday. Grateful that you're trying to accomodate quads, but you're shooting yourself in the foot here in terms of turn out.

I understand that quads dont bring a huge crowd in but why not aim for a tuesday instead of a thursday.
Most national riders leave on thursday, plus your practices are scheduled on the same weekends as the races.
Just a thought?!

Jason can correct me if im wrong, but I dont think he had anything to do with the scheduling of the actual races. I believe that was all the CRA. Which means due to Jason's life schedule, its most practical for him to run the extra practices during the weeks when he will already be there getting things ready for the Saturday races.. There are only 4 more nats anyways.. Im sure next year if things fall differently Jason and crew will do what they can to better accommodate further, which is already far more than years past..

Jason can correct me if im wrong, but I dont think he had anything to do with the scheduling of the actual races. I believe that was all the CRA. Which means due to Jason's life schedule, its most practical for him to run the extra practices during the weeks when he will already be there getting things ready for the Saturday races.. There are only 4 more nats anyways.. Im sure next year if things fall differently Jason and crew will do what they can to better accommodate further, which is already far more than years past..

Well that is true if he's getting the track ready anyways why cant quads run on tues and bikes on wed.. or bikes run thursday and quads run wed. Just a thought. I know some track employees have been saying that Jason doesn't really see that many national riders there anyways so it doesn't matter.
But as Briarcliff and Beans learned, if you make tracks available, pro & national riders will come. I know a few pro riders that enjoy Malvern but haven't gotten to practice or race there because of the schedule.

Simple, because hes not there on Tuesdays getting the track ready for Saturday. As for quads Wednesday and bikes Thursday, `a possibility, but that`s a pretty huge change for the amount of bikes that show up there. Historically any practices they have run for bikes have been on Wednesday's.

I completely agree and also know a few national guys (maybe some of the same few your referring to) that would hit up practices if it weren't on Thursday's, but it is what it is. Like I said before, we can wish all we want, but you just cant expect a track owner to loose his ass for a few extra guys to show up. There are just so many variables and its virtually impossible to make all of us happy.

Don't get me wrong, I remember the years when there were no quad practices and am grateful Jason is trying to work us in. Just trying to support a change so I can make it and maybe help get a better turn out for the track too.

Jerad is correct the race schedule was aready in place when I took over. The apple cabin runs bikes on Thursday, frank is a good friend of mine and I would not run against him. Doing what I can within reason. Jason

Back