Helmet Cam - Action Sports GP

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
These things are a blast!

Video is of +40 class, session 6 at 3pm yesterday. They do a great job prepping the course (yes they prep the woods) but by that late in the day with temps in high 80's there was no way to avoid some dusty spots. I only have a 2GB card in the camera so it didn't record 'HERSHEY' Dave Smith passing me on the 3rd lap....I ended up 5th out of 10 in +40 and 23rd out of 47 for the overall 3pm session. The red fender next to me at the start is NQ1965 Mike Freas on here.

If you haven't tried one, you should! They are fun and you can just show up right before your session, race for 45-60 minutes, and head out! They are wide fun trails and you don't need bark-busters. I just run them because I had a set laying around.

Looks like a blast... how many laps did it take until you had the woods part to memory?

Do you not worry about remembering the track and just get uused to reacting?

only did one hare scramble in my life so.....not much experience.

BUT! I do like DQ.

A great time for sure. Here's some snap shots the wife took.

The boy and I. This makes it a fathers day!
GPrace-1x.jpg
The boy in action in 25+
GPrace-2x.jpg
40+ line up
GPrace-4x.jpg
40+ line up
GPrace-5x.jpg
40+ line up
GPrace-6x.jpg
Me, a brief emergence from the woods
GPrace-7x.jpg
Pit attacking the hill
GPrace-8x.jpg

GPrace-9x.jpg

GPrace-10x.jpg
Not a great photo but it gives a nice effect of how steep that hill drops off in the background.
GPrace-11x.jpg
Decade class: 7 entries ....1st and 2nd finish Pretty cool
GPrace-12x.jpg

If I would of thought of it I would of had Nancy get shots of KO and Dave Smith as well since Johns camera gave out on Kari. We'll get you next time guys.

how many laps did it take until you had the woods part to memory?

Do you not worry about remembering the track and just get uused to reacting?

only did one hare scramble in my life so.....not much experience.

BUT! I do like DQ.

It's a breeze. In the course of a 45 minute session you'll log 6 or 7 laps. You'll have it dialed in in two or three.

I've never been a huge fan of Hare Scrambles but have been in a couple. Hated the nasty hill climbs. But the Action Sports GP is not intimidating, is pretty safe even for novice riders and yet has enough to offer for even the A class boys and girls.

I got a good start and holeshot in session 1 Decade class, but lost the advantage in the first turn into the woods. The irony is at last years AHRMA CC at Action I done exactly the same thing. And that was my first ever holeshot.
There were a lot of slippery parts and corners and I flopped four or five times in that first race. Just wrecking was wearing my ass out. We had 7 entries in Decade class which I was very pleased with. I rode my 98 CR.

In session 6 40+, we had 10 entries and I don't think a slow racer in the pack (besides me that is). I got a bad start, last place, I rode much smoother and the track was faster, but the best I could do was 8th. John Kreps was rolling and caught up with my son who was in the wave a head of 40+. (Nancy has John showing Anthony a tire on video).

Always great seeing KO on the line and in the woods battling on a vintage bike or a 125. Can't wait until we can line up Yammy MX's together.

Good meeting Dave Smith as well, and for a racer recovering from 3 broken limbs over the winter, you would never know it during the 40+ race. I couldn't catch him!

For you Hershey: :)
Non-Union/Merit shop wins-------- "1"
Union wins------------------------"0"

Thank you goes to Action Sports. Another great Ohio racing supporter.

Great video and photos.

NQ1965, I'll have a real decade bike ready one day. The decade class is a great idea and Action Sports is really trying to promote it as affordable racing.

I forgot about Kari taking some pics. I never checked the camera before heading out in the morning, it has two battery packs in it so it almost never goes dead. Of course this is the time she takes a handful of pics and it's dead!

Anyway, here is what she took before battery failure.

Thanks for the pics Nancy!

Attachments

• ActionSportsGP001.jpg
    ActionSportsGP001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 120
  • ActionSportsGP002.jpg
    ActionSportsGP002.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 151
  • ActionSportsGP003.jpg
    ActionSportsGP003.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 145
  • ActionSportsGP004.jpg
    ActionSportsGP004.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 142
  • ActionSportsGP005.jpg
    ActionSportsGP005.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 130
  • ActionSportsGP006.jpg
    ActionSportsGP006.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 134
  • ActionSportsGP007.jpg
    ActionSportsGP007.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 127
  • ActionSportsGP008.jpg
    ActionSportsGP008.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 131
  • ActionSportsGP009.jpg
    ActionSportsGP009.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 133
  • ActionSportsGP010.jpg
    ActionSportsGP010.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 123
  • ActionSportsGP011.jpg
    ActionSportsGP011.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 134
  • ActionSportsGP012.jpg
    ActionSportsGP012.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 131
  • ActionSportsGP013.jpg
    ActionSportsGP013.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 127
  • ActionSportsGP014.jpg
    ActionSportsGP014.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 120
  • ActionSportsGP015.jpg
    ActionSportsGP015.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 141
  • ActionSportsGP016.jpg
    ActionSportsGP016.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 126
  • ActionSportsGP017.jpg
    ActionSportsGP017.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 124
  • ActionSportsGP018.jpg
    ActionSportsGP018.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 135
Hey John, sorry I missed you but I was just a couple bikes down from ya in the 4th pic. Glad you could make it down to ride one of these, they're the best thing going on in Ohio these days. Might as well go ahead and plan another trip down for the next GP at Drew's... and we'll see ya there!

Was that a chicken at about minute 5? Then I thought I heard the farmer yelling at it a few seconds later......

It's a breeze. In the course of a 45 minute session you'll log 6 or 7 laps. You'll have it dialed in in two or three.

I've never been a huge fan of Hare Scrambles but have been in a couple. Hated the nasty hill climbs. But the Action Sports GP is not intimidating, is pretty safe even for novice riders and yet has enough to offer for even the A class boys and girls.

I got a good start and holeshot in session 1 Decade class, but lost the advantage in the first turn into the woods. The irony is at last years AHRMA CC at Action I done exactly the same thing. And that was my first ever holeshot.
There were a lot of slippery parts and corners and I flopped four or five times in that first race. Just wrecking was wearing my ass out. We had 7 entries in Decade class which I was very pleased with. I rode my 98 CR.

In session 6 40+, we had 10 entries and I don't think a slow racer in the pack (besides me that is). I got a bad start, last place, I rode much smoother and the track was faster, but the best I could do was 8th. John Kreps was rolling and caught up with my son who was in the wave a head of 40+. (Nancy has John showing Anthony a tire on video).

Always great seeing KO on the line and in the woods battling on a vintage bike or a 125. Can't wait until we can line up Yammy MX's together.

Good meeting Dave Smith as well, and for a racer recovering from 3 broken limbs over the winter, you would never know it during the 40+ race. I couldn't catch him!

For you Hershey: :)
Non-Union/Merit shop wins-------- "1"
Union wins------------------------"0"

Thank you goes to Action Sports. Another great Ohio racing supporter.

Nice meeting you as well !!! What a great time, I cant believe more people dont do these things! Cant wait for the next one I can make, even if it is just another reason for you to hate those nasty 'scabs' lmao !!!

BTW ... For every one who believes Pits story about the battery thing on this helmet cam....right! Lol

The pass he is speaking of showered him from my rear wheel passing through a loose berm. By accident of course. My understanding is he yelled THANK YOU afterwards. Well Pit.... your welcome ! Lol.....

I think he cut the vid right before that happened !

Oh jeez....

The second word was YOU but I think the first word started with an F after that faceful of roost!

Back